• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Did we give up when the Russians took Vegas!

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Well I'm going to give it shot. Might just get a tank build, but I'm planning on a diorama with an American T54E1 crashing through a 1950's roadside Motel ........ or maybe a classic car museum along with a disabled piece of Russian equipment. Play with the Cold War fear what if. :hmmm

IMG_1351.JPG

B) :coolio
Super cool idea - I think the classic car museum would look good if you could have a few cars under the tanks tracks.

Ian.

B) :coolio
Super cool idea - I think the classic car museum would look good if you could have a few cars under the tanks tracks.

Ian.

That is along the line I was leaning, but could not figure out how to damage the cars so they did't look like melted plastic. I may have worked out how now.

Since I was ordered today by the physical therapy staff and again by the the Doctor to stay off my foot

I'm going to try and knock some of this out.

I read that the turret is off on shape compared to the real protype, not sure if I really care since I'm doing a what if this made it production. :idonno :idonno

Start up picture

IMG_1384.JPG

Hope your recovery is speedy, but glad you're going to get bench time. Build it like you want to, nobody can say it's wrong.
:good:

Progress from last night

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

The turret parts in this kit are pretty rough compared to the hull parts. I removed the human loader hatch and plugged the handle holes

IMG_1395.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1202~0.JPG

I did not get much done on the last couple days off, but started the casting texture on the upper part of the turret. I did not really like the cupola that is in the kit, so I'm replacing it with a cut own Urdan cupola. I plugged off the vision periscope for the loader as I don't think an auto loader needs one.

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

I did stick some parts on the hull but didn't take any pictures this time.

Looks interesting. Watching with interest. And take care of yourself. I've spent most of the past 3 weeks sitting at my desk surfing due to my knee finally giving in. I was too young for a new knee back 15 years ago and now I'm too heavy. Sigh.
James

Back