• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa Grumman F-14A Tomcat COMPLETE!

sharkman

Master at Arms
Got this kit a couple years ago at a model show. Going to have some fun with it!

Might even do a couple builds for this, if time allows this year as I have a bunch of ideas!

Hasegawa Grumman F-14A Tomcat

and just in case any of you guys are thinking it,

NO, I am NOT putting floats on a Tomcat!

:rotf

:drunk

and just in case any of you guys are thinking it,

NO, I am NOT putting floats on a Tomcat!

:rotf

:drunk

Well floats would just be ridiculous on a F-14 tomcat. Floats on a F-18 would be way more sensible. :D ;) :popcorn

Happy New Year all!

My start up pic.

h4e1ca1f.jpg

I got this kit cheap at a local hobby show a couple years ago after seeing this artwork by Clavework Graphics

http://www.clavework-graphics.co.uk/aircraft/fantasy_2/fantasy_176.html

I love the look of the F-14 in the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force scheme so I am going to build this kit as that, with a few variations...

No real back story, just 1960's-70's technology with a 1945-46 IJAAF purpose as a versatile bomber.

Now, to try and get some parts washed up!

Oh, My builds will be exempted from the prize drawings!

C'mon man! There's gotta be a back story. :laugh:

I'll try and think of one, I can't think how to merge 1960' tech with 1945 well. Maybe the Japanese were able to capture one of the F-14's when the Nimitz went back in time and reverse engineered it!

:hmmm

:woohoo:

Say, that's a good one! :mpup :good:

Doesn't have to be 1945, just In Another World. B)

Hasegawa Grumman F-14A Tomcat - EXEMPT

April 1943. Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto in the front seat, Genda as RIO, Intercepting P-38's over Bougainville saving his chief of staff's life?

Tom Lamphier & Rex Barber flying for their very lives in their P-38's?
Like an "In Another World" reverse of the "Splash The Zeros" scene in The Final Countdown? Toshio Mifune reprising his role as Yamamoto in Tora, Tora, Tora.

:hmmm :idonno :gogo

April 1943. Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto in the front seat, Genda as RIO, Intercepting P-38's over Bougainville saving his chief of staff's life?

Tom Lamphier & Rex Barber flying for their very lives in their P-38's?
Like an "In Another World" reverse of the "Splash The Zeros" scene in The Final Countdown? Toshio Mifune reprising his role as Yamamoto in Tora, Tora, Tora.

:hmmm :idonno :gogo

I like both of those Chris but was thinking something more along the lines of the Akutan Zero with a time twist...

August, 2003

Two F-14A's from Fighter Squadron VF-154 Black Knights, assigned to Carrier Air Wing 5 (CVW-5) aboard the aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63), Yokosuka, Japan were on a routine flight to Yokota Air Base. On the way, the two F-14's encountered a strange weather phenomenon, appearing as a greenish cloud and undetectable by ground RADAR. As a precautionary measure, both attempted to fly around the disturbance. As the F-14's moved to port the lead one made it clear as his wingman was enveloped by the strange cloud.

The two crew of the F-14 were only in the cloud for a short time but then came clear of the cloud very close to the ground over unfamiliar territory. Onboard systems failed shortly after exiting the cloud and the F-14 went dead. The pilot did his best to land the jet on an unrecognized airfield which he thought should be Yokota Air Base but looked nothing like it. The F-14 was damaged during the landing but was mostly intact. The pilot and RIO exited their craft to see a group of Japanese soldiers running toward them, in unfamiliar uniforms.

Tama Airfield, August 1945

The Imperial Japanese Army were surprised to see a strange craft coming in to Tama airfield unannounced. Many of the officers and enlisted men were shocked at the appearance of the machine. The commander of the base ordered a contingent of armed men to investigate and upon arriving, they saw two men climbing out of the aircraft. Many of the men were still shocked when one of the soldiers noticed the roundel and shouted, "Americans!" The two airmen from the F-14 were shot on site.

Not knowing what to do with the plane, the Nakajima plant nearby the base had been attacked back in April, it was eventually transported to a Mitsubishi factory where it was studied. Mitsubishi engineers were eventually able to reverse engineer the craft, though many of the systems were beyond their technology at the time. They were able to re-create the engines and the airframe, impressed by the payload capacity and dubbed the new aircraft the Mitsubishi G14M (Mitsubishi Navy Type 5 Attack Bomber/Torpedo bomber. The new design incorporated a standard crew of three; pilot, navigator/bombardier/radio operator and gunner.

Started some work on this, need to take some more pics but one modification I an=m going to make is extending the cockpit back to include a gunner's seat. Going to use the glass from a Tamiya G4M.

hb03be00.jpg

SOGAI! A very fine story! It is quite obvious you have the subject mater well in hand! BANZAI!
:good: :notworthy :dude

Back