• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Something different

Brokeneagle

Master at Arms
:eek:hmy:
Ithought I would pass on a few pictures of some of the weird sh#t i fill my model workshop with.
I love stuff from sci-fi and computer games, especially if I can enhance something to look better than when I bought it by a applying a little of our wonderful world of model skills - that's what usually attracts me to the piece in the first place.
so here is a taste of my weirdness!
1. I found this in a game and sci-fi stall at my local market on Saturday.
It's a battle sword from the game Gears of war. I wanted it immediately as it is full size. I also thought that I could have some fun enhancing the paint with shadows and scratches etc as as repainting the handle and pommel completely.
IMG_1105.jpg

This is a nearly 1:1 scale Killzone 3 HElGAST head collectors edition that I totally repainted adding more orange eyes, shadowing allover, more green and greyto the helmet etc.etc.
IMG_1114.jpg

This is a 1:1 vampire skull I found in a curio shop. It's made of plaster but when I bought it it was black with a grey wash.
I immediately saw the potential.
IMG_1123.jpg

This was another plaster dragon that was all black with a grey wash - amazing what an airbrush can do !
6.jpg

CYBERTECH - My scratch built robotic friend that started life as a 1:1 scale Revell anotomical, glow in the dark skull and a 1965, single throat Stromberg carburettor.
cyborg3.jpg

Again another dragon, about the size of a persons head. This was also in the black and grey wash and made of plaster. I added paint and the chain on the leg.
IMG_2244.jpg

This one is actually a light. The top of the sword has a round opaque ball with a globe inside, above the red pommel. Thje dragon is wrapped around a full sword ending in a rock. This again started life as a black and grey plaster piece. Its quite large being about 21/2 feet tall.
IMG_2254.jpg

So there you have it a breif tour of the weirder side of my model collection. :geek

Brokeneagle

Okay definately weird, but oddly very cool. That vampire skull is very neat, something my eldest son would go nuts over. Thanks for sharing those.
James

My wife had a silver and black skull similar to that one, Ian. Someone swiped it during our open house when our other home was for sale. :blink :rotf

Great stuff, love the carb idea!!

Very neat!! I just have my great-grandfathers WWI helmet and a signed photo of Robert Morgan of the Memphis Belle...

This isn't weird at all... this is AWSOME!!! :woohoo: Thank You for sharing this Ian! :drinks

All the best!!!
Dusan.

Back