• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Avenger

maus

Going to start this little puppy.

James

hacef216.jpg

Thank you everyone.

It has been a while since I have been in the mood to model.
Not too bad of a kit, having a tough time finding close up photo's of the inside the turret. The two pictures that I have found did not show any details. Hoping someone out there would have some photos they would like to share. The drivers compartment is also very plain.

James

h67256d1.jpg

Hi Moon Puppy

Thank you

The American's had the Avenger in Kosovo in 1999/ 2000, I drove by them a couple of times when we visited their camp. I wonder if it's sensitivity and they keep people away from the turret.

James

You would think that's old by now but who knows.

I was shocked when looked in the bomb bay of a B17 and saw the same conventional bomb release hardware that was used in the B52. I said something to the crew about it and they looked at me and said "Well, if it ain't broke..." rotf

Hoping someone out there would have some photos they would like to share. The drivers compartment is also very plain.

Dangerous words! May regret them!

h640ff30.jpg

he1dec8b.jpg

ha2498da.jpg

hefcca99.jpg

h740241a.jpg

hc0d1aa7.jpg

h1ad2ef7.jpg

hb0c32ce.jpg

h44d0b54.jpg

Search here too:
https://www.dvidshub.net/search?q=avenger+air+defense+system&view=grid

Forgot this one:

h0f2e80b.jpg

Regards,

You would think that's old by now but who knows.

I was shocked when looked in the bomb bay of a B17 and saw the same conventional bomb release hardware that was used in the B52. I said something to the crew about it and they looked at me and said "Well, if it ain't broke..." rotf

That's interesting Moon Puppy. I wonder if the design engineers who worked on the B-17 also had a hand in the development of the B52 based on timelines. Or like identified, how to get a 500ld bomb to fall out of an airplane doesn't have to change - KISS.

James

I think it's more the KISS approach. You have to remember there was only what, 10-15 years difference between the two being designed. The B17 was still in service when the B52 was on the drawing table.

Anyway..get back to scratch building young man! :soldier

Back