• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Humvee

jknaus

Administrator
Is anyone interested in a Humvee campaign? I just read they are 30 years old and looking for info for a build I will be doing I saw that there are a ton of variations. So anyone up to this?

Me personally I have a Bronco Up Armoured M1114 with Legend TOW conversion I have to build for the recce shelf.
James

BTW I found this cool site.
http://www.hmmwvinscale.com/hmmwvturretconfigurations.htm

James

Sure why not!

hbfaff3f.jpg

Hmmm 27 views and 3 votes. I'm thinking this isnt going to fly. Maybe I should just start my kit.

Ok. So if you and Terry want to play grab some humvees and we'll start. Maybe I can finish something.
James

You might want to give it more than a day for folks to see it James ;) i don't have any in the stash but I think Squadron has their Meng stuff on sale and I think there was one there...

I could join in this as I have a Dragon Humvee in the stash someplace. I do need to find it. Let me know when you guys start and if I can finish a few things and find my Humvee, I'll jump in.

Maybe this will encourage more builders. From Wikipedia for informational reasons.:

Major HMMWV A0/A1/A2 versions

With the introduction of the A1 series the number of models was reduced, with further designation revisions when the A2 series was introduced[48]

M56/M56A1 Coyote Smoke Generator Carrier (mounted on a HMMWV; not a Type Classified HMMWV)
M707 Knight (replaced, originally mounted on a M1025A2 HMMWV; not a Type Classified HMMWV)
M966/M966A1 TOW Missile Carrier, basic armor, without winch
M996 Mini-ambulance, two-litter, hard top (type classified but not produced)
M997/M977A1/M977A2 Maxi-ambulance, four-litter, basic armor
M998/M998A1 Cargo/troop Carrier without winch
M998 HMMWV Avenger (mounted on a HMMWV; not a Type Classified HMMWV)
M1025/M1025A1 Armament Carrier, basic armor, without winch
M1025A2 Armament/TOW Missile Carrier, basic armor
M1026/M1026A1 Armament Carrier, basic armor, with winch
M1035/M1035A1/M1035A2 Soft top Ambulance, two-litter
M1036 TOW Missile Carrier, basic armor, with winch
M1037 Shelter Carrier, without winch
M1037 Shelter Carrier MSE
M1038/M1038A1 Cargo/troop Carrier with winch
M1042 Shelter Carrier, with winch
M1043/M1043A1 Armament Carrier, supplemental armor, without winch
M1043A2 Armament Carrier, supplemental armor
M1044/M1044A1 Armament Carrier, supplemental armor, with winch
M1045/M1045A1 TOW Missile Carrier, supplemental armor, without winch
M1045A2 TOW Missile Carrier, supplemental armor
M1046/M1046A1 TOW Missile Carrier, supplemental armor, with winch
M1069 Tractor for M119 105-mm Gun
M1097/M1097A1 Heavy Hummer Variant (HHV)
M1097A2 base platform
M1097A2 Cargo/Troop Carrier/Prime Mover (replacing the M998A1)
M1097A2 Shelter Carrier
M1097 Heavy HMMWV Avenger (mounted on a HMMWV; not a Type Classified HMMWV)
Packhorse – Attachment to convert an M1097 to tractor version for semi-trailers
XM1109 Up-Armored Heavy Hummer Variant (UA-HHV) (replaced by M1114)
M1123 Troop/cargo (U.S. Marines specific M1097A2)
Active Denial System (mounted on a HMMWV)
Ground Mobility Vehicle (special ops variant)
IMETS (mounted on a HMMWV; not a Type Classified HMMWV)
ZEUS-HLONS (mounted on a HMMWV; not a Type Classified HMMWV)
Scorpion – Version fitted with 2B9 Vasilek 82 mm automatic mortar. This is a heavy chassis HMMWV developed in 2004 by engineers at the U.S. Army's Picatinny Arsenal. The mortar itself can fire on single shots or on automatic using 4 round clips. Range for direct fire is 1,000m and indirect fire is 4,000m. It is also intended to provide another means of destroying roadside bombs but at a safer standoff range. Only one has been produced.[49]

M1113 Expanded Capacity Vehicle (ECV)

M1113 Shelter Carrier - base for special operations vehicles and communications shelter carriers[53]
M1114 Up-Armored Armament Carrier
M1115 TOW Carrier (no evidence of fielding)
M1116 U.S. Air Force Up-Armored Armament Carrier
M1121 TOW Carrier
M1145 U.S. Air Force FAC
M1151 Enhanced Armament Carrier (Up-Armored Capable)
M1152 Enhanced Troop/Cargo/Shelter Carrier (Up-Armored Capable)
M1165 Up-Armored HMMWV
M1167 Up-Armored TOW Carrier[54]

An M1113 Humvee chassis-mounted XM1124 Hybrid-Electric diesel-series hybrid-powered HMMWV on display in September 2009.

International versions

Bulgaria – Bulgarian HMMWVs have been fitted with PKS general purpose machine guns. Bulgaria usually replaces Western machine guns on its vehicles to simplify maintenance, since the country is an active producer of Russian weapons.
EQ2050/SQF2040 – Chinese versions of the HMMWV. There are at least two Chinese automobile manufacturers building HMMWV copies. Both HMMWV copies rely heavily on imported U.S.-made parts, including the chassis, gear box, and diesel engine. Both manufacturers claimed that they will be able to gradually increase the percentage of indigenous-made content on the vehicles in the future, since the PLA is unlikely to accept any equipment that relies largely on foreign made parts.
Egypt – AOI equips HMMWVs with anti-armor weaponry, including: TOW, Milan, or HOT missiles.
Georgia – Georgian HMMWVs have been fitted with PK general purpose machine guns.
Greece – Greek HMMWVs, built entirely by ELVO in Greece, are equipped to fire the Russian 9M133 Kornet ATGM. They have storage room for 10 missiles. Another version, the M1115GR, is equipped with the HK GMG 40. Israel's Plasan has developed armored versions of the HMMWV, assembled by ELVO in Greece as the M1114GR, M1115GR and M1118GR.[60] ELVO also produced the Ambulance version, a SOF version, and an engineering version of the HMMWV for the Hellenic Army.
Israel – Plasan has also designed and supplied an HMMWV armored protection kit for the Portuguese Army,[61] and a different version assembled by Automotive Industries in Nazareth for the Israel Defense Forces.
Mexico – The Dirección General de Industria Militar (DGIM), the Mexican Army's prime wholly owned military manufacturer, builds the HMMWV under license in Mexico[62][63] after a small amount of American-built Humvees proved to be reliable within the Mexican army. Mexican HMMWVs are similar to the American built models but are slightly longer. They feature a standard selective shift automatic transmission connected to a Mercedes Benz diesel engine and an anti-spalling layer in the passenger cabin. Many are equipped with bulletproof windows and a layer of armor unique to these Mexican HMMWVs. In 2010, Mexico displayed a wagon variant with a second gun hatch to cover the rear of the vehicle.[62] This version also featured a more powerful V-12 engine and civilian road wheels to increase top speed capabilities in urban areas.
Poland – Polish Land Forces operate 222 HMMWVs (5 unknown variants are operated by special forces). Over 200 are used by the 18th Airborne Battalion which is a part of the 6th Air Assault Brigade. The used variants are designated as follows: Tumak-2 – M1043A2, Tumak-3 – M1025A2, Tumak-4 – M1097A2, Tumak-5 – M1045A2, Tumak-6 – M1097A2 (variant used for transport of special containers), Tumak-7 – M1035A2. All vehicles are modified to meet Polish road regulations and are equipped with Polish communication devices. 140 HMMWVs are equipped with Fonet digital internal communication device. 120 Tumak-2s and Tumak-3s have a rotatable mount which can be fitted with either the UKM-2000P 7.62 mm general purpose machine gun or the NSW-B 12.7 mm heavy machine gun. Tumak-5s are used by anti-tank subunits and are armed with a dismountable Spike missile.[64] Additionally Polish forces of ISAF operate 120 HMMWVs on loan from the U.S. forces.
Switzerland – Early MOWAG Eagle light armored vehicles utilized the HMMWV chassis, although the latest uses a Duro III chassis. The Eagle is an NBC-tight, air conditioned and armor protected vehicle. It is in service and available in several configurations with varying levels of armor protection. The Eagle can be fitted with a wide assortment of armaments.
Turkey – Otokar Cobra – is a wheeled armoured vehicle developed by Turkish firm Otokar which uses some mechanical components, sub-systems and some parts of the HMMWV.

And don't forget about the GM Civilian versions with leather seats and hot and cold running water. :rotf

I would love to do some Egyptian and Israeli versions of the HUMVEE in 1/72 scale. They would look good in my armies.

Back