• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Meng Sherman

ErnieS

I picked this up at Hobby Lobby Thanksgiving Weekend; it was the only toon model left ;)

38634749394_3774f032b7_h.jpg

Unfortunately, I did not take a whole lot of in progress pictures as I have been poking at it over the past month when I have had a spare few minutes. I added the bolted strip between the hull and transmission from Evergreen strip and Grandit line nut/bolt/washer castings, and added the largest N/B/W casting I had to the rear of the idler wheel axels. I also left off the lifting loops on the hull sides and the MG mount on the turret. I used Tamyia primer to add a cast texture to the hull and turret as well.
To make it a little different and complement the toon nature of the kit I elected to paint it in the counter scheme with the white portions of the lower hull. The scheme replicates those worn by 1st Armored Division Sherman's in Italy.

24475612657_072960d9bf_h.jpg

All glossed up and waiting for decals.

Ernie

Back