• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Kids He 177!

So, I finally got my kit yesterday! Man that took awhile!

h2acd2e0.jpg

The obligatory shot!

h442c990.jpg

These are nice little kits. I don't like the stickers over decals though!

I dove right in last night with assembling the three Fritz X bombs.

h4583c26.jpg

They were very straight forward!

hb9f7d3d.jpg

These Meng Kids kits have no interior whatsoever so I decided to make a rudimentary one for this kit. Started by removing some of the internal support

h05a3ca8.jpg

Then raided the spares box and fashioned a few things from Evergreen sprue

h74a7e1f.jpg

That was all I got done last night!

Then today was a bit of a marathon!

started with priming the bottom

h7d69e25.jpg

Then did some pre-shading

h979ed42.jpg

Then painted everything RLM 65. I didn't want to do the usual box art (though it is cool) so I copied the pattern off 6N+GM, a 177 from 4./KG 100.

hba8b2e2.jpg

Then painted up the interior RLM 66

h6365e65.jpg

h77e3b30.jpg

While doing a little research online, I found another built by a Gentleman that goes by "Dutik" on Large Scale Planes. He made some neat little shark faces on the Fritz bombs and I liked them so I copied his design here (he gets the credit!)

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=63649

h92ac015.jpg

I added to it by giving them teeth!

h52eeb72.jpg

Then a whirlwind of airbrushing happened and after a couple hours I had this!

he0116d7.jpg

So, after raiding the decal drawer for some 1/72 and 1/48 spare decals, a little more painting and patience, it is finished! I decided to make it a fictional plane from 3./KG 54. K5+BM

Just need to get a flat coat on the decals to tone down the gloss but it is essentially done! I'll get some more pics later!!

hde5e399.jpg

h8504f44.jpg

Hope you like it! This was a blast! I couldn't put it down!

:D

I like it!!! :coolio :coolio (y) (y) (y) :D

I dove into mine tonight too but you've set the bar pretty high. :geek

Thanks everyone!

I was a little nervous doing the top camo, had to mix some paints to come close to RLM 81 and 82. I just turned the pressure down low and got in very close when I sprayed them.

The only decals that are 1/72 are all the crosses and the "BM". everything else is 1/48 scale decals. The strange proportions of the plane work for these.

The only gluing I did was the scratch built interior. Had to be careful though because i don't think there is any chance of getting this apart again.

Finally got the flat coat on!

[ol]
[li]Order Up!!![/li]
[/ol]

h926b34c.jpg

hed21bf6.jpg

hb9e5880.jpg

hd435ef2.jpg

h91a93c2.jpg

h00b9419.jpg

I messed up the codes!
h4f53744.jpg