• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Kids B-17 Complete!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
h9ef25f3.JPG

h1a802e8.JPG

That's right, Iron Mike is going to build a bomber...

:rotf OMAFA!

:drinks

Last edited:
Meng Kids B-17

:popcorn

$9.99????? We pay $25 for a kit like this here in Canada!!

(mine's in the mail coming from China!)

Meng Kids B-17

Headers and baby moons.... :hmmm

Good ole Hobby Lobby, list price is $9.99, but the coupon takes 40% off!

Haven't finished an aircraft since Gulf War I... Thanks for checking in.

Meng Kids B-17

I know the Chinese companies get some of theyr measurements wrong sometimes but they got that totaly wrong hahahaha

:popcorn

Meng Kids B-17

Thanks, guys! Here's what's in the box.

IMG_9800.JPG

IMG_9801.JPG

IMG_9802.JPG

IMG_9803.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

Stickers? :pinch:

IMG_9805.JPG

Yep, stickers. I know they aimed this at younger builders, but stickers? :idonno

I had planned to get to the bench today, but I think I am coming down with what my wife has had the past few days. :blink

See you soon,thanks for dropping by.

Meng Kids B-17

Ah but it may come off the line with baby moons and headers :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

h991cf2b.jpg

h4c9c5a6.jpg

baby moons and headers?????

:huh: What does this refer to??

Hub caps and exhaust headers if i'm not mistaken. :rotf

Haha,, I was thinking that but thought it might be something special applied to aircraft that I had not heard of before!!

:rotf

Sorry Warren . That was just old Hot rod talk to a Hot rod builder :facepalm . Yes , hubbcap and exhaust pipes :pilot

Meng Kids B-17

Hey gang! I'm waiting on shiny parts to dry, so I thought I'd see how much trouble I could get into here. :laugh:
So far, things see pretty straightforward, but masking may become an issue. :pinch:

h3ac28f0.JPG

h08ed0b9.JPG

hb806605.JPG

The kit fits quite tightly and will require very little filler, but it will be tricky in a few spots. Now I remember why I don't do aircraft. :laugh:

Chris dug through his spare decals, so IF I make that far, maybe the stickers won't be needed.

Thanks for stopping by! :pilot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLsXib4VFdA

Back