• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Can Tamiya 35359 KOREAN WAR be built as WW2?

Tankbuilder

I want to get a TAMIYA M4A3E8 Easy Eight kit for my buddy. I have a choice of the 35246 WW2 European Theater one or the 35359 Korean War one. He'll want to build a 4th Armored Division WW2 model BUT, #1 the Korean war one here is $6.00 LESS than the WW2 kit and it includes a Gaz 62B kit that I can use. The WW2 has no other markings other than the stars.

So, other than the tracks in the Korean War one being wrong for WW2, can the Korean War kit be built as a WW2 model out of the box?

Thanks and cheers

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the engine deck is different between the two versions. There is at least 1 unique pure for the Korean War version.

Mike

As mentioned, T80 tracks and the post-war engine deck hatches with torsion bar hinges are in the Korean War edition. The Korean War version also has the mantlet water proofing and the two crew figures are in Korean war style uniforms.

Cheers,
Rich

I guess I'll go with the Italeri M4A3E9 FURY kit as it's a lot less expensive than either of the Tamiya ones and to me it looks the part. It comes with two types of tracks.

Thanks and cheers

Back