• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Auxilary shields on quad 2.0cm gun Mobelwagen?

Tankbuilder

I see that there are 4 other shields that go on the front shield and the rear shield of the quad 2.0cm Mobelwagen. These smaller shields appear to be hinged. Does anyone know what they are for and how/when they were deployed?

Here's an image with the pertinent shields marked with a red *

h2133ce6.jpg

Oh,where were the extra 2.0cm magazines carried on this vehicle? I know that 4 magazines were carried on each side of the gun mount but surely they had more magazines close to hand on the vehicle. Where were they kept?

Thanks and cheers

Nothing special,
For the crew to get in and out ,so they dont need to climb or lower the armored shields.
(y)

For the crew to get out .

I don't see anything on the inside of the main front and rear shields that these attach to the outside of that look like them. Are you saying that those 4 pieces on t he outside of the front and rear main shields are doors that go through the main shields?

I'm talking about these 4 hinged pieces.

hfbb256b.jpg

Cheers

They folded outward filling the gap when the side panels were partially lowered providing the crew better protection but the gun could only be used against aircraft. A large hook & eye in each corner supported the side panels

h34a340c.jpg

h6c0640f.jpg

I believe there was only one 2 cm Flakvierling prototype built. It was rejected in favour of the 3.7 cm Flak 43.

Cheers,
Rich

They folded outward filling the gap when the side panels were partially lowered providing the crew better protection but the gun could only be used against aircraft. A large hook & eye in each corner supported the side panels

h34a340c.jpg

h6c0640f.jpg

I believe there was only one 2 cm Flakvierling prototype built. It was rejected in favour of the 3.7 cm Flak 43.

Cheers,
Rich

Danke! Thanks!

I didn't know this was a prototype only. I'm REALLY glad I bought the cheaper version of the Tamiya kit. I'll build this one with the armour in the position shown in t he image you posted. I'll build my Tamiya 3.7cm variant with the armour folded all the way down.

You've been a huge help. Thanks again and cheers.

Here is one with an opening cut out .... field modified front plate?
For fire against ground targets.

ha66ca7e.jpg

Here is one with an opening cut out .... field modified front plate?
For fire against ground targets.

ha66ca7e.jpg

WOW! That's an interesting and easily done modification to the 3.7cm Mobelwagen I haven't started yet. I just might do that to be different.

Thanks and cheers

Back