• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Colour of glass = German AFV periscopes?

Tankbuilder

Anyone know what colour the GLASS (not the periscope housing)was on German periscopes inside tank and also outside?

Thanks again and cheers.

Could you please be more specific about which vehicle you are referring to?

Could you please be more specific about which vehicle you are referring to?

Didn't know it'd make a difference. I'm wondering about the ones on Jadgpanzer IV's both the L48 and L70 gun ones as well as Tiger I and Tiger II and Jadgtiger's if those had them too.

Blue to blue green. Panzer Aces makes a color called Periscopes that goes on smooth and glossy. I don't think Krylon offers that color. :idonno

Blue to blue green. Panzer Aces makes a color called Periscopes that goes on smooth and glossy. I don't think Krylon offers that color. :idonno

Thanks Mike.

Krylon doesn't make that colour? My goodness! What is the modelling world coming to? VBEG

No problem since when I do use Krylon it's usually just for a base coat/primer although they do make some colours that are very close to WW2 Russian Green.

I'll mix my own colour for those German periscope glass. Thanks for the information on them.

Cheers

Back