• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messeschmidt bf109 question

Bagge

Hi i have the kübelwagen "Otto" and a figure of Hans-Joachim Marseille in 1/24, now to the question... would like to build this (someday) together with a Bf109, what differences is there between the versions? the one he flew doesn't exist in 1/24 but other similar well.
Thought maybe to use just the half plane depending on where the differences are (mostly in the front i think) Trop filter etc.

Thankful for all help i can get

Mats

Matts Airfix makes a 1/24 Bf 109E-7 which can be made up as you want. I don't think there is an F-4 available. Here is an article that may help you https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=627
I can look for more info when I get home.
James

You know a cut away of a section of the tail would be neat. Like him leaning against the rear fuselage section?

I thought of something like that too :) and the rest of the plane can be used in another diorama... :)

I was just reading about this bloke.

Something like this would be real interesting

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-440-1313-03%2C_H._J._Marseille_mit_abgeschossener_%22Hurricane%22.jpg

From Wiki

Just sayin' :dance

The early Bf 109G's were very similar to the Bf109F's. The 1/24 Trumpeter Bf 109G-2 could be a starting point to back date to a Bf 109F-4.

Cheers,
Rich

Converting Trumpeter's Bf 109G-2 to an F-4, some obvious changes would be the moving the fuel filler port to under the cockpit sill, rounding off the gear bay, smaller oil cooler scoop, and a lot of other small things.

This is the Bf 109F-4
f4_left_trop.jpg

Note the round wheel bay opening
f4_bottom_trop.jpg

Compare to the Bf 109G-2
g2_left_common.jpg

Note the scoops on the engine covers and the position of the fuel filler behind the cockpit.
dsc06216.jpg

Regards,

Back