• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Request some research help please

jknaus

Administrator
Does anyone have pictures of the Sd.Ah. 32/1 trailer focusing mainly on the undercarriage and springs. Or a manual with pictures of the area. Or does anyone know a good web site or book that I can get the ref I need. I have looked through my books and cant find anything and I have not had much luck. I appreciate any help you can give.
James

Are you doubting Dragon's interpretation?

hac9759d.jpg

I was looking through my Sd.Kfz. 250 images and saw this... any help?

Regards,

Thanks Saul but not really. Its not that I doubt Dragon, its more that the part does not fit and definitely as shown.

SdAh_32_1_Hoppe_spring.jpg

There are 2 springs on the front and in the instructions they sit flush with the front of the frame, but then the arm will not fit over the axle. Is the arm supposed to sit on the axle, behind or how exactly does it affix. Secondly the right hand spring will not fit because the drop down arm is too close. Too bad those went separate pieces so it could be posed static. Anyways I want to see how the assembly fits on. I am also waffling with the idea of remaking the springs seeing as they look kind of crappy in the kit.
Still having no luck in my searches.
James

Looks like the block opposite of the spring detail fits on the inside of that cross member on E10. If you got positive location for E10 to join E3 L and R, go ahead and put that in place then put E5 where it fits.

James, I believe the suspension is a torsion arm type with the spring in the cross bar (like German tank suspensions). The 2 cans are shock absorbers. WW2 German vehicles had rather odd shock absorbers. Had a '47 bug which had really odd rear shocks and tiny ones up front.

The Dragon drawings and your photo are pretty clear to me. Maybe a photo of the bottom of the model showing what you have built might help.

It has a horizontal spring torsion bar suspension. I found some kit instructions that illustrate the assembly. The trailer for the 2.8cm sPzB41 uses a trailer with the same chassie

hc0a7fca.jpg

Thanks guys. I know they are shock absorbers but I could not figure how they were attached. The drawing you put up Terry makes more sense and I can see how it works. The Dragon kit though has no positive alignment and I can only guess the arm sits on the tube frame. I wonder why they didn't add the proper attachment to it? Anyways now that I have an idea in mind of how it should attach.

Thanks
James

Back