• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

King Tiger Question

jknaus

Administrator
The meng kit has 2 different types of center hub and they are virtually identical. I have looked through all my refs and can not find any info on this. Are there any experts out there who might know what the difference would be?
James

I'm no expert, but from looking at the instructions, I'd say they are for different versions. Are you referring to parts B 11-14? There were differences in the bolt patterns based on production facilities too. Look closely and pick one. :good:

Yep they are different versions but nothing to tell you which. They both look the same except the ring which is wider on one. As these hubs housed a rubber ring for shock absorption I am going to make an assumption that the early ones were thinner and not as effective so they went with a larger rubber ring necessitating a wider housing. Thats my story.
I think I have made a bunch of extra work for myself with my chosen paint scheme but we will see. Now to get ready for work.
James

Back