• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blue Tack Masking

Skinny_Mike

Hey guys - sorry I haven't been posting much this week, been really busy with work and what little time I've had for modeling has been spent heads down at the bench.

I need a little advice. I've got the HAF F-16 in the paint booth and I am having a hard time with the camo. I want to use blue tack to get nice tight feathered edges, but i am having trouble. I know a bunch of you use this method and get really great results so please advise. Where do I hold my airbrush in relation to the blue tack and or the surface of the model? Is it perpendicular to the surface or at an angle to the surface? and if at an angle, how much of one? :hmmm

Thanks folks! Really appreciate it!

BTW - I am traveling for work next week, so I should have some time to catch up on everyone's builds!

Mike

you can tapper blue tack to noting if yo want a sharp edge line

Leave it proud and spray at an angle if you want to feather it.

Cheers, Christian B)

you can tapper blue tack to noting if yo want a sharp edge line

Leave it proud and spray at an angle if you want to feather it.

Cheers, Christian B)

Bingo

Not that I've ever been able to pull that off. I always end up at the wrong angle and get a hard edge.

Back