• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

89th F.S. Burma

Paulw

If any one has some decals for a P-40N from the 89th F.S. with the big white skull let me know what I can do to ricky doo you of of them.

Hi,

You didn't state a scale. The big skull was used by both the 88th and 89th Fighter Squadrons of the 80th Fighter Group. There are plenty of decals on eBay with them in both 72nd and 48th scales. Also, there is Butter Bean III, a P-47D which wore the big skull after the 89th FS transitioned to the Thundebolt:

34b7dd_496657ff2b2d4ec3b266331953b65e6b.jpg

PM me and I can point out the eBay links and also which are the most accurate decals.

Regards,

Aftermarket decals available on eBay with the skull markings:

In 1/144th from PrintScale 144-006
s-l1600.jpg

SuperScale 72-862
s-l1600.jpg

PrintScale 72-023
s-l1600.jpg

Aeromaster 48-150B
s-l1600.jpg

In my stash I also have some sheets from Cutting Edge but the best researched decals, by far since they show the correct asymmetry of the markings, are from Fundekals:

Click to order... $5 for 72nd, $7 for 48th, $9 for 32nd scale.

Click for Burma Banshees web site.

Regards,

I sure do thank you guys very much for all the help and Saul got the ones just right. However, I was able to source the 32 scale ones from some place else and they will be on their way.

Again, Thanks

I was able to source the 32 scale ones from some place else and they will be on their way.

Ah, you never mentioned scale. I would have helped with spares if 1/48th but I don't have any P-40 kits in the larger scale.

Did you get the Fundekals one?

Regards,

Back