• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rear deck Churhill VII = Where's it hottest?

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

I want to finish of a number of my ancient Shelf Queens of armour. One of them is a Tamiya Chuchill VII that I plan to use in an unusual diorama. However... Does anyone have a diagram or can they point out where does the rear deck get the hottest? I mean the actual rear deck of the tank.

I've 4read that you can't pile stuff on the rear deck of a Churchill VII like you can on a Sherman and that's because the rear deck of the Churchill gets so hot the stuff would catch fire. i need to know where that greatest heat is located.

Thanks and cheers

:eek:ldguy
Best place for your stowage would be around the turret and on the turret bin ,
On top The rear fenders ,
Don't put anything on the big exhaust pipes! (or near them)

http://www.maschinenkrueger.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74:a22-churchill-mk-vii&catid=6:eek:ther&Itemid=16

thanks Piet.

I assume that those exhaust pipes and the cover above them are the HOTTEST part?

BTW, what happened to the link that was in your post earlier today? That was a really nice model.

Cheers

Churchill's were considered "roomy" tanks and there was a considerable amount of the crew's kit stored inside. The rolls often seen on the turret sides were made up of blankets and ground sheets. The rear turret bin accommodated alot of kit as well for both the crew and vehicle. Excess kit is usually seen strapped to the rear track guards. It is sometimes seen aft of the exhaust lines, outboard of the tools when stored on the rear deck. Crews also built racks that attached to the rear of the mud guards to carry "flimsies".

Cheers,
Rich

thanks Piet.

I assume that those exhaust pipes and the cover above them are the HOTTEST part?

BTW, what happened to the link that was in your post earlier today? That was a really nice model.

Cheers
Yes.... verry hot :vmad
Its back again (y)

thanks Piet.

Cheers
Yes.... verry hot :vmad
Its back again (y)

FANTASTIC! That's exactlywhat I needed to have confirmed = the exhaust pipes and guard get very hot. Now I can finish planning the scene for my Churchill and "Git her done!".

thanks Piet and cheers

Back