• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wanted, ROMMEL'S ROD skeletons

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

Does anyone here have the skeletons from Monogram's ROMMEL'S ROD that they'd be willing to part with?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

Actually, I may.

I had that kid as a kid, but remembered it differently than what it was. As a kid I painted the skeletons, didn't like the results and stuck them in a mayo jar filled with turpentine. In te morning, I went to check on them only to find an empty jar, then promptly chased down my brothers to accuse them of stealing the skeletons which of course were now just a residue settled on the bottom of the jar.

For the life of me, I couldn't remember the kit until I cam across it on the boards one day and found it as a re release. I immediately grabbed one, but it didn't hold up to my memory or expectations. I have it somewhere, if I ever build it, I doubt I'll use the kit skeletons.

Just to show what an impression that kit made on me as a kid, here's some recent stuff I've done in 1/16:

Back