• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Uploading pics

Steve Ski

Gents,

What's the easiest way to upload pics? I'm not finding how to add links, just upload from my comp. :blush: Any suggestions??

Thx in advance, Ski.

If you click on the gallery tab in the banner, you can upload your photos into your user gallery. Then when you click on the photo it will give you the like in code form to past into your posts. Works good!

Gents,

What's the easiest way to upload pics? I'm not finding how to add links, just upload from my comp. :blush: Any suggestions??

Thx in advance, Ski.

Steve have you got images hosted somewhere else? Most hosting services have some way to generate the BBCode to link images here. Even our Gallery has them but I'm suggesting folks just attach images now as we'll likely be doing away with the Gallery version we have in the not to distant future.

Here's a step by step on our Gallery
https://www.modelersalliance.com/how-to-use-our-gallery

and I think you've already used our file attachment to post pictures so it's up to you which is easiest for ya. But like I said, next software update we do will likely kill the gallery and I don't really have any options on going to another. We can just keep using the file attachment option.

Got er done Amigo, the old fashioned way, copy and paste the link, doeeeee.............. how quicly I forget.

Thx for the assist. Cheers, Ski.

Gents,

Thx in advance, Ski.

Steve have you got images hosted somewhere else? Most hosting services have some way to generate the BBCode to link images here. Even our Gallery has them but I'm suggesting folks just attach images now as we'll likely be doing away with the Gallery version we have in the not to distant future.

Aw crap! I was afraid of that! I post too many pics and can't afford any photo hosting site that doesn't give much space unless you pay. First the LEM, now this. I've tried the attachment thing and I can never attach more than five or six pics without it telling me I've reached my limit.

Man I just wish it could be easy! I have no idea now what I'll do since all my Manufacturing Thread pics will disappear making it tough to show a continuous line of progress. Man, I cannot catch a freakin' break!

Oh well. Gotta move on with the times I guess......

I've posted more than 5 in a single post, only limit I can think of is size so you should reduce the size of the images and compress them as much as you can. Use http://www.irfanview.com/ Irfanview imaging software for this. The width of the forum is no more than about 900 pix wide so there's no point in posting anything higher resolution that this. We had a previous user who just could not understand this and would upload images 2560pix wide, most peoples monitors are not that wide.

Not to worry Mark, if you recall, I was the one who made the gallery work at The Lem (without being an award winning webmaster :D ), I made it work here with a lot of help, we'll have another solution somehow. It's not going to soon unless James wants to tackle it, I'm just too busy with work to tackle system upgrade at this point.

Thanks Bob! I do hope it stays for awhile. I like having a Gallery like this available. As for re-sizing, I always re-size down to 400+ by 300+ pixels, give or take the dimensions of the cropped pic. I can't really go much smaller than that or the Gallery posts my pics as thumbnails. I usually have five pics just on one build too LOL! :woohoo: :D

I want to say thank you once again for the Gallery on the LEM as well as here. You did a fantastic job providing that. Hopefully I can find another site that will allow me to upload pics and post them across many Forums like I can do here before you take this Gallery down.

I feel like I should add in my appreciative comments about the gallery/hosting you have here. It's very nice. Thank you, thank you! :drinks

It took me a while to find it (yeah I know.....the tab is right there :smack ), but once I spent a few minutes dabbling around in there and figured out how to set up the albums...I absolutely love it. It makes uploading, organizing, and grabbing code for the model related content much easier to deal with than Flickr.

So once again, thanks. :drinks

(And yes, I saw your comments about an alternative planned prior to shutdown. ;) )

Gents,

Thx in advance, Ski.

Well that is good because I just tried it and it seriously did not work for me. When I d get the images to load they were very small

Back