• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

QUESTION REGARDING SDKFZ 251 / HANOMAG INTERIOR

iambrb

Howdy to all! So in my istructions on the Sdkfz.251 that I have going in Uncle Tony's SPG's, there is a little floor mount bech, and I attached the rail as shown in the instructions, but they seemed to be unclear as to whether or not I should att the top part. Did these always have that 'top part'. or rather, the seat, or where they left off? Also, was this always a leather cushion, or was it ever wood slats? Hard to tell on the actual part in the kit. Here is a pic showing where I am in the kit:

Thanks in advance!

The seat was always attached (the back pad is part of the stowage unit behind). There were wooden slat seats during the end of production but it didn't have the railing you added. By that time (with wooden slats) the engine hatch was one piece hinged at the rear. Ahead of this, a hatch was added, that opened towards starboard, over the radiator. Look at the hinges seen in this photo.

puma14-251-22-KO.jpg

h4ad70cb.jpg

h8ef6088.jpg

ha08a32f.jpg

ha9acf25.jpg

Regards,

One more thing Bruce.I did notice that you have painted the interiour in a white color,but if you like to be accurate re-paint it in in the vehicle's base color,most likely German Dark Yellow in this case.
Ofcourse it's up to you if you want to do that or not.

Gr,Ron.

One more thing Bruce.I did notice that you have painted the interiour in a white color,but if you like to be accurate re-paint it in in the vehicle's base color,most likely German Dark Yellow in this case.
Ofcourse it's up to you if you want to do that or not.

Gr,Ron.

REALLY? that bites! Groan. :facepalm I may do it yet though

Actually I am going to do that this weekend approaching! have pretty much figgered out that they may have been painted the creme color in the driver area, but were dark yellow in the passenger area, so it may ne be as bad as I thought

rmorama, but shakmouth got it in that what I was seeing was the early stuff, I.E; when it was gray, and mine was later than that. Also, if you google the interior for this you will see a museum example as I have it and also a museum example with a white cab interior and a yellow passenger area, but actual digging into the page let's you know there is doubt there, so I am sust going to spray it over with dark yellow and re-chip it and dry brush it. I will likely not go nearly as heavy on the chipping this time though

There's a FM-1 Wildcat in a Museum somewhere that's painted up in the yellow wing scheme, FM-1s were not around during that time so I wouldn't use Museum pieces at a good resource. Think you got a good plan. :soldier

There's a FM-1 Wildcat in a Museum somewhere that's painted up in the yellow wing scheme, FM-1s were not around during that time so I wouldn't use Museum pieces at a good resource. Think you got a good plan. :soldier

Yep, kinda goofed there. Glad I know it now though! :bang head

Back