• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Quick Question - Airbrush Cleaning

iambrb

Hey, Whadda-youse guys use to clean your aifbrush?

if you remark AIRBRUSH CLEANER (I saw that one comin' :gogo ) - Please tell me what's in it, thanks!

:popcorn

What are you using in the airbrush? That answer makes the decision on what to use to clean the equipment.

Next vague question. :coolio

Lacquer thinner.
I buy and use the commercial stuff from the hardware store. I decant it into a small plastic squeeze bottle that lets me parcel out a few drops at a time (or a good squirt) It takes care of any dried on acrylic in short order.

Cheers,

Bill

Then there is the "Manual take it apart and use a pipe cleaner and Q-tips". When done with a bout of painting, apart my brush comes. There is always a little bit of stuff left in the tip area and it does build up over time.

Between colors on a paint day I rinse it out with laquer thinner, though with acrylics like Vallejo and others that doesn't always work. Manual clean time again.

The Q-tips I use are found at Walgreens in the makeup area. They are a bit more expensive than regular types, but I like the hard pointy tip on one end and the wide flat rounded tip on the other.

iwata makes a cleaning set . Its about 20 dollars. It comes with cleaner and tiny brushes as well as a light and magnifier to do inspections . They also offer a neoprene cleaning matt. I swear by these.

Back