• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ANDY FETTES QUESTION - or others if you can help!

iambrb

OK so I have been watching the painting figures vids on you tube that Mr. Fettes produced (Wife loves how he says 'Figures", BTW), and am wondering if he has produced or is intending to produce vids on positioning figures other than the stock poses offered by various companies?

Hello mate,

I have not as yet but do intend to put out more videos in all aspects of figure working including what you've already stated although I would stick to the man line of figures like Dragon, Masterbox, and Miniart for the mainstay of plastic chaps.

Trouble is, as with all my modeling, is time

So I cant give you a date or even a year when this will be done so all I can say is eventually :rotf

I promise to say figures a lot just for your Mrs :D

Heres a taster for future times
hc8a4ce8.jpg

Take a look at the Luc Klinkers section in the Masters
He is a real international master in sculpting, positioning and painting self made figures.

Do not expect to be immediately at his level with your first attempts, but it is a good guideline.

Germans say: "Ubung macht der Meister", meaning: practice makes the master :)

willem

I promise to say figures a lot just for your Mrs :D

quote]

ha-ha-ha! Very good! Will be watching!

Willem, thanks for the response. Although the wife has rarely been outside South Carolina and never outside the US, she is about 20% fluent in German, having taken and excelled in it in college! She will appreciate that, though she may be teasing me with it in the future

Another good reference point is the book by Bill Chilstrom " Converting and detailing plastic figures " Squadron Signal publications

Fantastic pictures in there make the working out of what to do much easier. Bill is also one of the nicest most modest guys you`ll ever meet as Bob Letterman can testify as they are mates.

Back