• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wanted, Tamiya 88mm Flak ammo boxes & shells

Tankbuilder

Anyone have any of the 1/35 scale Tamiya 88mm Flak 36/37 ammo boxes and or shells they'd like to part with? I can use a few more sets for my Sd. kfz. 7 halftrack and my Flak 37/38 projects.

Thanks and cheers from Peter

Scratchbuilding the boxes is right up your alley and you could resin cast the shells? Just thinking out loud. B)

Scratchbuilding the boxes is right up your alley and you could resin cast the shells? Just thinking out loud. B)

The mold material and resin would cost me more than what a few of the AFV Club styeren ammo sets would. :<(

I just found out that the newer Tamiya North Africa 88mm gun comes with 6 new improved wicker aammo boxes snd 8 improved 88mm rounds and 4 casings in addition to tthe older 6 ammo boxes and 10 rounds and 8 casings. Those would work too. in fact if I was going to go to the trouble of making a mold for the ammo boxes and shells I'd use those newer pieces as the masters. The new ones are very similar in quality to the AFV club styrene ones.

Cheers from Peter

Wanted, Tamiya 88mm Flak ammo boxes & shellsk

Hello Peter,

Drop me an Email I'm sure I can help and show how to cut up the old ones to make improved baskets.

Brian

Hello Peter,

I must apologize I have looked everywhere and cannot find them .I could have sworn I had a bunch of them , again sorry.

Brian

Hello Peter,

I must apologize I have looked everywhere and cannot find them .I could have sworn I had a bunch of them , again sorry.

Brian

Hi Brian.

Thanks for looking.

I think I have enough now for my Tamiya 88 antitank gun in action. I have 30 ammo boxes, 53 shells and 24 enpty casings. I've seen some images where there are a lot of shells and/or empty casinds near an 88mm anti-tank gun emlacement.

Cheers from Peter

Back