• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Graphics help needed

jknaus

Administrator
I am getting really fed up. I need to make a mask and so scanned the tail, rudder, elevator and horizontal stabs. I figure print it out and then modify it. Every program I have, Corel Draw, Corel Paint, Paint.net etc doesnt work like it should. I crop a detail like the rudder and try to put it in a new project. It blows it up to bigger than an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet. Why doesnt it keep it the same size? How the hell do you cut and paste what you want ? I dont want to have to measure and resize everything. I just want to print the shapes I decide. What gives??

Make sure your views are set to actual size. A lot of programs default to view in window or screen size. I know, I've seen that before and it can be very frustrating.

You need to go to page setup or print setup and adjust the setting for the print job there ..... :eek:ldguy

You need to go to page setup or print setup and adjust the setting for the print job there ..... :eek:ldguy

Unfortunately I am not to that point. I cut the rudder out of the pic and opened a new page and when I copied the rudder it was now bigger than the page. No room for the other objects I wanted to copy over. And then I would have to measure and try and resize to the right size etc. Used to be in Corel draw you cut something and pasted and it was the same size. Now they have it so difficult it was hard to even find the cut.

Anyways going to do this the old fashioned way and trace on tape and then trim.
James

Set the paper size of the corel draw job to the size you want before you import into it.

PS I hate corel draw Adobe Illistrator is much better to use long term.

That's why I use Canvas. Everything has dimensions and is easy to scale. Tried the Corel products years ago and they just did not work well in my opinion. Am working on a new post for my Me323 Gigant where I redid all the stringers and internal frame using Canvas. Of course it has issues too, like I crashed it the other day and lost several hours work. :bang head

Sorry I can't help with your problem James. Super frustrating I know. :( :bang head

Thanks guys. Dave I did that and the rudder when I pasted it on the 8.5inch by 11 inch page was bigger than that. Wish I could afford Illustrator, but its expensive and I cant justify it. Funny how I am a computer guy, been a sys op and have done a bit of programming yet I can not for the life of me make a graphics program work. Anyways I am tracing it out by hand on Tamiya tape sheet. Old fashioned yes, but it should work.
James

Back