• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Question about photo .......

:smack I take it all back my previous comments ,

Found some more pics of the same recovery, Bulgaria had these types of crosses during WW2 but only seen them in black

hbdcfc47.jpg

The 12.8mm and up MG experts must know now,underside of plane
h8daf478.jpg

h72393dd.jpg

What a puzzle. The planeform keeps making me think Hawker Hurricane. Also the oil tank behind where the engine should be. They were not used in the Spanish Civil War. I cant think of anywhere else the white X was used for a marking, although generally it was superimposed on a black background. I have found pictures where it is on the wings, but the country markings are beside them.
I dont think its a Bf 109 because of the size (compared to the crewman close by) and because of the oil tank.
I just dont know. Do you have any more info at all?
James

Piet , saw those other photos on ebay along with my first post but didn't post them because they were less informative than the first .
I just thought it would make a great dio but had no idea who , where , what or when :laugh:

Thanks guys still quite a puzzler , though I'm leaning on the Bulgarian thought , as far as the type and nationality of the plane , you guys guesses are better than mine :gogo

hmmm...did the landing gear of a Hurricane tuck up in the wing like that? And those are two very big guns sticking out of the wing. Didn't the Hurricane have 2 20 MM option? The gear tucking up instead of folding in makes me wonder more.

Based on the last pictures Piet posted and the two barrels and the way the gear folds up my guess would be a Breda Ba.65

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breda_Ba.65

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww15/a/277/67/0#1

they were certainly used by the Spanish nationalists and that would explain the white "X" markings on the wings.

they had 2-12.7 mm and 2-7.7 mm guns in the wings in that fashion and the wheels were slightly exposed like a modern A-10. Plus, I think they did have a fuel tank kicking around in that location, I have a kit of one, will have to check!

Looking at the wing armament , the landing gear and the fact that BA.65 fought in the Spanish war I would say that Warren is correct.

An engine would be proof for sure :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Here's a built up one on Britmodeller

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234926275-breda-ba65-special-hobby-148/

Warren , you da man , good Sherlock Holmesin , from now on your Delta phi kai animal house name is ........ Sherlock or would you prefer Basil Rathbone ?

Basically it's all a moot point cause the scene is the build and I can throw any plane on the hook .
I was just curious about the real deal .

Thanks for all your help guys !!!

Warren , you da man , good Sherlock Holmesin , from now on your Delta phi kai animal house name is ........ Sherlock or would you prefer Basil Rathbone ?

Basically it's all a moot point cause the scene is the build and I can throw any plane on the hook .
I was just curious about the real deal .

Thanks for all your help guys !!!

Basil.....

All moot?? :bang head

Special Hobby makes a very nice kit of the Ba.65 though.....gotta keep it authentic!! :hmmm

Well to be honest , I'm not a plane guy really so what I have in my stash will have to do B)
Although lookin over me shoulder at the shelf I do have alot of plane kits to choose from , curse of being a model buying hoarder ...........

Well to be honest , I'm not a plane guy really so what I have in my stash will have to do B)
Although lookin over me shoulder at the shelf I do have alot of plane kits to choose from , curse of being a model buying hoarder ...........

Does that mean you're dusting off the work bench?? :coolio

Yup , gotta start buildin an stop workin so much , if it aint work - work it's helpin someone put down a new floor or buildin a small addition , deck etc. , don't get me wrong I make some good money doin it but some stuff you just dont charge friends and neighbors for , like puttin in a new ceiling fan , changing switches , fixin this fixin that , you know little nikki knock stuff .

I just hit 62 and I'm missin out on some valuable me time !!!
Gonna wait as it is till 65 - 66 to collect social , can't make more than 14 k a year and collect at 62 an that won't cut it I still need my maint. job at the school system , my son's only a junior in high school an he's expensive :laugh:

Well we'll be looking forward to your return Glenn, as Flounder said, "this is going to be great!"

Back