• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Searching pics with crashed & transported aircraft

Hi Guys

I'm searching photos with WWII airplane (fighters) crashed and transported on military truck.
For example , similar a this photo:
339mu6v.jpg

I have interest to replicate in diorama during WWII, the transport of a fighter (German, allied it's equal) or parts of fighter (wings, fuselage etc) in 1/35 scale with airplane in 1/32 scale....

thank you
mike

Search photos with airplane crashed and trasported

Nice. Google Image is always a good source. Just took a look and didn't see much but maybe one of our photo gurus will have a good stash.

:popcorn

Hi moon puppy
no problem, I'm awaiting with patience, but I'm searching in google images as you suggest.
mike

I'm on it ...............

:yipee

:soldier :soldier

Agreed!

Yet, here are a few...

Modern:
060909-M-0000A-009.jpg

Gun truck, and the helo is available in 1/35th too.

From WWII in the British camp:

Lancaster is coming from HK Models and the truck too but I can't say from whom yet.

RAF_Museum_London_102.jpg

Closer looks at the truck and trailer. The Avro Anson isn't out in polystyrene 32nd scale.
ME_2A4_W2068_001.jpg

Another modern one which can be done using a 32nd scale civilian truck kit and converting the Revell Mirage:
kfir.jpg

Back to WWII, Mirror Models announced the Diamond wrecker, use any kit (but there are 1/35th scale ones like the Piper cub from Bronco and Tristar's Storch):

This is the Federal C-2 wrecker... nope can't say if it is coming....

Regards,

Mike, I was on the crash recovery team for most of my time in the air force. After cleaning up 5 or so crashes I can tell you anything that worked was done. Large pieces tied down to flat beds or in the back of MLVWs. Small pieces in boxes ir in the back of MLVWs (Deuce and a half ). So anyway you pose your recovery effort would be valid. On pieces where something might be fluttering around you would probably find it chained together or tied with rope. I hope that is of some use.
James

On pieces where something might be fluttering around you would probably find it chained together or tied with rope.

Or covered with a tarp secured to the footman loops with rope or chains.

Regards,

Sorry about the sub , ....... just thought it was cool .
I've got more , will post tommorrow .

Glen, I am glad you posted the sub. Biber sub (Italeri kit) pulled by SdKfz 7 (Dragon kit).
0_7c5f7_a7e2f625_XL_zpsad4e52d9.jpg

Regards,

//i107.photobucket.com/albums/m304/zapadapado/old%20stuff/a91_zpsbd9ef17c.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Glen, I am glad you posted the sub. Biber sub (Italeri kit) pulled by SdKfz 7 (Dragon kit).
0_7c5f7_a7e2f625_XL_zpsad4e52d9.jpg

Regards,

And it looks like it didn't make it to it's destination.

T2eC16ZHJGsFFMf7CjEBR3GJJUsN60_57_zpsbfc8062e.jpg

Couple of DUKWs ferrying a Lightening. Gotta wonder why they did't just fly but then again, would have missed a great picture! :rotf

Hi
I'm sorry for my late response!

As I was imagined the response of the member's forum is fantastic, fast and complete !!
Many and many ideas from the pictures posted. And the suggestions of James are very useful.

Seeing the photos I think as necessary a big track for transport also a little plane (109 for example).
But an Me 163 on an a english track is a good idea? There are photos of this situation?

In alternative the railway wagon it's a good solution.

Is it possible to suggest me a good kit in 1/32 scale (I know the 163 Meng, it's a good possibility) with a optimum rapport quality/cost of sobject visible in the photos of this thread?

Yours suggestions are very important for my future project.

Thank you
greetings

mike

Mike, if you wanted to do the Me 163 it would be in Germany. So a British truck is possible, and maybe even a captured German truck.
Found one captured by the Americans. From here http://www.americainwwii.com/galleries/america-beats-the-nazis/
18-wwii-jet-bomb-german.jpg

Will see if I can find anything else.
James

Maybe these will be of some interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPxjAlB82mE

And although more modern and encompassing everything this might give some ideas for cribbing and lifting etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GDv4EwTvRo

James

:coolio These guys are not very kind to the airframes . We generally came up with old tires or mattresses to sit them on top of a flat bed.

Cheers, Christian B)

wowwwwww (y) (y) This is my expression when I have seen the last photos posted from Cheyenne!!

Thank you for this sharing, there is the base for my next work.

But the previous photos are very useful for others future works.

Thank to all for precious collaboration, you are the best! :notworthy

Mike

Back