• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in

h4b63f94.jpg

Really having a hard time picking up something and wanting to build it. I looked in the Orochi/Grochi M3 Bradley box and really liked what I saw.

I know I've been fusing about the Friuls but these tracks are really nice. Already laying some down. Heavy pin already cut and there's enough tension between the tracks to hold the pins in place. Will slip some thin CA in there just to make sure.

More pictures later.

Nice choice Bob! I have their Deluxe M3A3 boxing, which I wanted to do without the reactive armor, but i haven't figured out a convenient way to get there. I will be watching this with interest...

Thanks guys. Mike I think this is the Delux version, had the tracks, barrel and some resin bits included in the box.
I have to admit I'm a bit taken back that there is no interior on this, especially for what I paid for it (from LHS). But it doesn't matter, I'm wanting something that goes together well that I don't have to fight. I haven't painted anything in so long I got the itch.

I agree on the interior Bob, but as I have this kit also, I believe overall it seems to be a decent kit. I will be watching your take on it. :popcorn

I'm of mixed opinion on the interior. For an M2 an interior is almost a must, but for the M3 I'm not sure I really care. When I bought mine it was considerably less the the Meng M2A3 that I have, which was part of the draw for me. The thing that bothered me with both the Oroachi and the Meng kits, there isn't an option to build them without the reactive armor.I'd take that over the interior.

Uh...question. Was this Bradley used during the Persian Gulf War?
I'm reading that the M3A3 was the result of combat experiences of the earlier versions.

Just for the record - I am not an expert.

The Bradly was used in the first gulf war. I think the A2 versions. The A3 versions came around during the second gulf war. I am not sure how the moderators rule on such things, but I for one say - carry on! :soldier

Uh...question. Was this Bradley used during the Persian Gulf War?
I'm reading that the M3A3 was the result of combat experiences of the earlier versions.

The M2A3/M3A3 production started in 1998 with full production being achieved in 2001. They entered service in 2000.

Cheers,
Rich

I'm going to leave this here for now as I understand I may have another proper Bradley on the way.

I got my track kung fu on over the last couple of nights.

hc38ff94.jpg

160 tracks assembled by 5s. Thanks Mike for that suggestion, also the track pad template that's supplied only works with 5 at a time. The instructions called for 70 per side and I made an extra 10 just in case.The other advantage is there was very little drilling needed. Only 1 in 10 would need to be drilled out so that made quick work.

h116cf0b.jpg

Here's a test shot of a set of tracks blackened. I like it, hope I got enough to cover all the tracks. :soldier

Also got some XF59 yesterday. :soldier

My experience is that Blacken It goes to hell in one big hurry, hope you have a back up bottle. The Uschi stuff is the bomb. :drinks

Back