• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

US Ranger

gioazz

Hi all,

This is my first post ever on this forum, here is my 54mm (more on the 60+ side) US Ranger, amazingly sculpted by Adriano Laruccia and very badly casted by Soldier.

Hope you like it, every comment is welcome.

Ciao

dscn0515_20100109_1289833885.jpg

dscn0516_20100109_2005235951.jpg

dscn0520_20100109_1062695488.jpg

dscn0518_20100109_2039099541.jpg

dscn0521_20100109_1288246472.jpg

:eek:hmy: :blink :) (y) :peace :D

Ohhhh myyyyy gooossshhh.

That is an absolutley beautiful figure. I really thought it was 120mm or larger. It is going to be great to have another super master figure painter here to share your skills with us all.

Gary B)

Just magnificent work , oh the quality of shading is superb B) , the lovely shading of the 5 o'clock shadow is brilliant too . You are an amazing artist !

Jenny :kiss:

Wow! :woohoo: Fantastic work! I've always loved the acrylic work by the Italian and Spanish maestros :)

Laruccia is truly a master - I love his Roman subjects. It's funny you should mention the poor Soldiers casting, as I always heard they were excellent - until a few days ago, now yours is the 2nd complaint about them in a week or so. :huh:

Ladies (always first :)) Gentlemen,

Thanks so much!

Yes the figure is 54 mm, Soldiers has been great for a long time in casting, then had a bad period (this Laruccia cast is one of them) but now seems to be on track again.

The figure is painted in Oil (flesh, leather, wooden parts) acrilics (fabric and transparent gunze and tamiya for metallic) printer ink for metallic touch up and silver.

I will share something else soon and please do ask if there is something you ant to know.

Ciao!!

Giovanni

That is very, very nice! I love the highlighting and shading. I can understand about the casting. The last one I purchased was about 9 yes ago and I have no future plans on buying any more from Soldiers . I had problems with the metal being really bad. Glad to see your work and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Joe

Thank so much Joe.

I have to admit that Soldier is getting better now, they have change the guy who cast and is now much better.

I'll post more soon.

Ciao

Giovanni

gioazz wrote:
The figure is painted in Oil (flesh, leather, wooden parts) acrilics (fabric and transparent gunze and tamiya for metallic) printer ink for metallic touch up and silver.

Hi Giovanni,

I guessed it might be done using these mediums. Are you a fan of Danilo Cartacci's works? Your style is very much like his - and I mean that as a great compliment :)

Rudi

Hi Rudi,

Glad you noticed it, well more than a fan of Danilo, I use to team with him, untill I retired, and we won several competitions togheter (BoS in St.Vincent, Cuneo, golds at all the major shows including the World Expo, Euro Militaire, Schams...) But at that time,I use to sculpt and he use to paint.

After 6 years out of the modelling world (work reasons) I'm back and I've started again from a painting point of view (this is my first work after 6 years away and after more than 8 of my last painting..).

Of course I've learned a lot from him and from his book (this is my personal opinion and I don't intend to make a commercial on his product, but he did an outstanding job)!

Thanks so much everyone for the compliments!

Ciao

Giovanni

Back