• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP: My very first AFV's modelling attempt.

gioazz

Hi All,

Please find attached my very first attempt of building, and paint a plastic model.

The Tank is the M13/40 from Tamiya, which has been updated with Royal Model and Model Victoria items; also I'll use Friulmodel tracks.

I've done lot of research and realised some minor scratch to make it as M13/40 first series, I've also made the sand bags on the front of the tank.

I've read and look at all of your works here, trying to learn as much as possible.

I've tried to use whashes, filters, HS tecnique, Chipping, rusting....

So far the upper part (above the fenders) of the tank has been painted, I need to do the lower part, tracks, all the accessories (fuel cans, sand bags, towing cable...), have to finish rusting the exhausts and dust the model as well.

Please apologies for the pictures (still have to learn how to take pics of tanks, I'm used to figures..) and be nice whit your comments, please I'm a complete newbie!!!! :)

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Ciao

Giovanni

dsc_0001_20100517_1207341408.jpg

dsc_0005_20100517_1350675411.jpg

dsc_0003_20100517_1510265187.jpg

dsc_0020_20100517_1120264668.jpg

dsc_0014_20100517_2053687332.jpg

Kreighshoer wrote:
your first? FIRST? :blink

that's so way much better than my very first tank! bravo giovanni!

che carro armato splendido!

First, first, I promise, always played with figures in metal/resin/putty!

Grazie mille Laura, I hope to finish it soon so you can give me some hints.

Ciao

Giovanni

Tery, Tom, Mike, Carabinier, thanks so much, I'm ovrwhelmed by your comments.

I wish I knew how to make better pics, still need to figure out, but the settings I have for the figures are not really god with the tanks.

I've updated the pics, with the correct one, I've noticed a couple were double posts.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your comments.

Ciao

Giovanni

Giovanni, it looks like you have the skills to do both. I'm still trying to master painting figures, maybe you can show us some of your techniques? :ro:

Ciao Giovanni, niente male per essere il tuo primo carro... ;) Ci sono delle ottime premesse. Io scolorirei un po di più le superfici orrizontali.

Now for not italian speakers: not bad the first attempt to make your first tank ;) Certainly you'll become an excellent model maker... (y) I'd fade it a little bit more... :hmmm

Massimo :)

Hi Moon, your are really kind!!

Giovanni, it looks like you have the skills to do both. I'm still trying to master painting figures, maybe you can show us some of your techniques?

Hi Mike, Thanks so much, I'll be delighted to share my techniques with you, anything you want to know, please simply ask.

Ciao

Giovanni

That is awesome. Man my hundredth didn't look so good.
James

Hi James,

Thanks so much!!

Ciao Giovanni, niente male per essere il tuo primo carro... ;) Ci sono delle ottime premesse. Io scolorirei un po di più le superfici orrizontali.

Now for not italian speakers: not bad the first attempt to make your first tank ;) Certainly you'll become an excellent model maker... (y) I'd fade it a little bit more... :hmmm

Ciao Massimo,

Thanks for your comments, really appreciated, what do you mean by fading more the horizontal surfaces?

Thanks so much for your help.

Giovanni

Ciao Giovanni,

immagino che il carro sia ambientato sul fronte africano, osservando la colorazione che hai applicato. Cerca di schiarire le superfici maggiormente colpite dalla luce solare...Io utilizzo di solito la tecnica della pennellata a secco in combinazione con i colori ad olio.

Now for not italian speakers: I think your M13 is set on the african front, so I think looking the color coat of it. Try to lighten the areas most affected by sunlight using the dry-brush technique. It's one I prefer to achieve this effect with oils...

Ciao Massimo,

Thanks so much for your tip, I'll try to improve the look. I had to think about it before, but maybe I made a step to big for my first try, A tank, in the desert, repainted and very distressed and chipped... Oh well, was the first and is fun anyway!

Raiderfan, You are way to kind, but your words are motivating me.

Thanks so much, hope to post something soon.

Ciao

Giovanni

Giovanni , dam man , I wish my current builds look as good as your first , ........

Very nicely done !!!

Giovanni,
Looking great, all you need is a little sand and she will be at home.
Keep sending us pictures. I'm really loving it, (First AFV) :woohoo:
Your figures must just walk off the table if this is what we are to
expect... I can't wait to see more.
Shawn

Back