• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Infantryman, 1st Regiment, Tirailleurs Algerian

gioazz

Hi all,

Because of work I've been away from the forum for a while, but I was reading it!

As promised, please see another of my work, a 75mm Tirailleur Algerian from Poste Militaire, superbly sculpted by Derek Hansen, a true classic masterpiece!

Has been my first attempt ever to paint black flashtone, and while the people from Algeria have less negroid morphological characteristics and a more lighter and olivaster skin tone, this sculpture doesn't.

Let me have your thoughts.

Ciao

Giovanni

P.S.: I will post something new very soon!

dscn0549_20100223_1684318369.jpg

dscn0550_20100223_1730590553.jpg

dscn0551_20100223_1698248070.jpg

dscn0548_20100223_1687577149.jpg

dscn0552_20100223_1423467281.jpg

dscn0557_20100223_1801892069.jpg

dscn0555_20100223_1314185421.jpg

dscn0558_20100223_1163732909.jpg

dscn0556_20100223_1636592219.jpg

Hi guys,

Thanks so much, I know is not really related to the period thi forum mainly preffer, ant that's why I'm even happier to hear your comments.

As usual, if there is anything you wish to ask, know, please do so.

Ciao

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni.

That is a fantastic figure. All the fittings on his back. And the uniform are perfect. And the skin tones are so very well done. The whole thing is just a perfect piece of art.

Gary B)

Thanks so much, you are very kind and I'm happy to share what I do with you guys!

I will surely post something new asap.

Ciao

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,
I'm new here but I meet many old friends :) Great painting, as usual!
Keep up the good work.

best regards
Artur

Kreighshoer wrote:
wonderful, wonderful, wonderful giovanni!

that's some super figure painting!

Ladies first,

Thanks so much! you are way too kind!

@ Artur, Hello my friend, you have done a superb job as usually, I'm still waiting for your news! :)

Thanks again all of you.

Ciao

Giovanni

Giovanni,

Beautiful work. I have always loved this figure but never bought one. I should see about getting it one of these days. I really love the blue and whites.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Completely agree with you, great figure.

I have bought most of the 75mm from Poste militaire, I will paint them all one day!

Have a go at them, you'love it.

Thanks for your comments, really much appreciated.

Ciao

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni
That is some fantastic painting my friend!
The flesh tones to my eye look superbly realistic, and the uniform colours are great for contrast.
One question though. It is a somewhat 'aggressive' pose, so why is he grinning? :huh: :laugh:
Brad

BradJ wrote:
Hi Giovanni
That is some fantastic painting my friend!
The flesh tones to my eye look superbly realistic, and the uniform colours are great for contrast.
One question though. It is a somewhat 'aggressive' pose, so why is he grinning? :huh: :laugh:
Brad

Hi Brad,
This is a good question, and the answer is, ask Derek hansen!!! :woohoo: :laugh:
No really, is not really grinning, is he?
Thanks so much for your comments, anyway, really appreciated.
Ciao
Giovanni

Ciao Massimo,

Thanks so much, you are always very nice with your comments.

Hi Shawn, thanks so much for your kind words.

Ciao

Giovanni

Back