• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzerkampfwagen 35(t) tanker

wds

This is my submittal for the Fall Figure Festival.
It is the companion figure that came with the Tamiya’s reboxed CMK 35t in 1/35 scale.
It came with three heads, so I have three chances to do the face right. I’ll probably use the one that comes out the best. The heads on a stick are kind of macabre.
Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Tanker_1.jpg

Tanker_2.jpg

Tanker_3.jpg

Ready for paint.
Tanker_4.jpg

Thanks guys.
We'll see how it goes. I think I'm going to go with acrylics. The body will be mostly black/dark grey, so I'll spray that, and then try to brush the rest.

Keeping expectations reasonably low,

Bill

Better late than never? Meh … sometimes.
Well, I missed the deadline for the Fall Figure Festival, but here he is anyway.
The uniform was sprayed with Tamiya German grey, and the balance was brush painted with the Valejos. I used the Alliance Modelworks decal sheet which includes a nifty photo etch with crossed and badges. I removed the molded detail on the epaulets, collar tabs and iron crosses prior to painting to accommodate the aftermarket bits. The decals and etch add a lot to my ho-hum (ick) paint job. I’m pleased to say that it looks better in real life than it does up close under the camera lens. It’s a start.

Thanks for looking,

Bill

fig_1.jpg

fig_2.jpg

fig_3.jpg

fig_4.jpg

Thanks Mike!
I'm pleased with how it came out as long as it's viewed from 12" or more away! :laugh:
The up close stuff is gastly. :eek:hmy: It makes me appreciate the skill involved when they look good up-close.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill,

You havnt missed the deadline its now an open ended renamed campaign designed to increase our figure skills

You still get a ribbon upon completion and am in process of thinking about some extra ribbons for different subject matters

Good news!
Thanks Andy. Looking forward to more figures, and more adult supervision. :laugh:

Cheers,

Bill

Back