• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re: SS - MG 42 GUNNER - JUST COMPLETED (APRIL 9th)

lupanzer

Master at Arms
Re: SS - MG 42 GUNNER - JUST COMPLETED (APRIL 9th)

Hi all!

...this will be my second entry on FFF Campaign...the amazing bust from YOUNG in hte 1/10 scale...hope you enjoy it!

...the MG 42 is a model itself...spectacular!

...till the next!

Regards for all!

Luiz.

Re: WAFFEN SS - MG 42 GUNNER...

Looks lovely, except for the barrel shield on the MG-42. Young Miniatures could have divided it diagonally instead of halfway through the vent openings. This will make it harder to clean up, fill seams, and keep the machined look.

Regards,

Re: WAFFEN SS - MG 42 GUNNER...

Ah...nice choice Luiz, looks like lots of fun to paint!

Tom

Re: MG 42 GUNNER-PARKA´s EDGING - ...

Thanks guys for folowing my thread...

@ Yes,Saul...it´ll be a problem...

...now the first update...improving the parka adding its inferior edging...I used a thin styrene strip with superglue...look...first of all, the basic cleaning of the resin...

...the edging itself...

Best regards for all!

Luiz.

LUIZ,

Oh Yeah !!

imgres%7E0.jpeg

I really Dig this Figure !! Ican't wait to see you get into this one !!

:popcorn :drinks :drinks :ro:

So the styrene strip is like the hemline of the parka? I was wondering about that on the previous figure, nice touch!

:popcorn

Thanks Erik,MP and Ron for watching and commenting my project...

@...yes MP, it´s the hemline of the parka...sorry my bad english...

Regards for all!

Luiz.

Re: SS - GUNNER...20th JAN Update...PARKA..

Hi!

...another parka´s update...it was not an easy job...several adjustments for a perfect fit...see the job on both arms...on the left one was necessary to assembly the MG42 partly...

Regards for all!

Luiz.

Re: SS - GUNNER...20th JAN Update...PARKA´s EDGING..

Very cool seeing these step by step operations. A picture is worth a thousand words and you have some awesome pictures. I like how you get everything blended n. The bit your using, is it the diamond grit or the bur?
(y) (y) (y) :popcorn
James

Dear James.

Thanks a lot for the nice words...the bit that I use is the bur type...

Regards!

Luiz.

Outstanding Luiz, you're a man of many talents, two hands on the subject and still can get a great picture!

Not sure I follow the modification you did on the arm but the result is very nice!

Very nice Luiz...Shame the arm didn't fit right to start with. The sculpture looks beautiful otherwise.

Tom

Re: SS - GUNNER..24th JAN Update.Adjusting the Parka.

Dear MP and Tom...thanks for the nice words...

@ MP ... yes... I could put the putty straight into the gap ... but the connection between the arm and torso would be very weak ... so I decided to install a piece of styrene plastic into the gap before applying the putty...thanks for the observation..

Regards for both!

Luiz.

Re: SS - GUNNER...THE MG 42...

Hi all!

...this update will show the assembly of the amazing MG 42 in the 1/10 scale...see the pictures...

...to put the MG 42 over the shoulder was not an easy task ... several adjustments were done...mainly on the sling sections...

...regards for all1

Luiz.

Back