• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

120mm Verlinden "Bandits 2 O'Clock B-17 Gunner"

Jeeves

Here's my entry Andy--
002%7E1.jpg

AM thinking of doing a NMF finish outside of the bomber hull...still trying to decide...lots of fiddly bits of resin and PE...the assembly of the .50 caliber Browning kind of terrifies me to be honest ;) Gonna need plenty of sedatives to get it right methinks...
003%7E2.jpg

i admire your courage!!
I would never dare to take on such a huge pile of resin and PE!
looking forward to see the result :)
//Mats

Looking forward to this one,Mike! :popcorn

Resin isn't that hard to work with,I know modelers who like it more then normal plastic.
Just make sure,if you need to sand resin to not inhale the dust,seems to be a health issue.
You could moisten the resin parts and sand it with waterproof sandpaper.

Greetings,Ron.

B) I always loved this figure from VLS. I thought that they really captured the feel with the bulk head etc. Looking forward to seeing you create this one. Good luck

Ian.

Well...got his legs together and will soon connect them to the torso.

Observation #1 on the bomber section...having the casting plugs for the top and bottom halves of the waist position section actually attached to the mating surfaces is a big boo-boo in my book...no matter how careful I was in cutting it off, I find there is not a perfect fit between the two...hoping whatever I use to fill the nasty gap will work!

OK...didn't do the fix yet as I would love some advice first...

Here's everything as lined up as can be on the inside-- the join line will be disrupted by the installation of the floor so that helps there...
001%7E3.jpg

It's when I move to the other side where things get troublesome-- should I use super glue, Mr. Surfacer 500, or just plain putty to play around at fixing this ugly seam??
002%7E2.jpg

If I still decide to go NMF on this one, that seam is gonna have to be flawless!!

Here is my waist gunner at present--
003%7E3.jpg

005%7E4.jpg

I am starting to get a little anxious on this one ;)

Mike I would check references and see if there were not a seam there anyway. I think I would remove the molded stringer that looks like it's out of whack and replace it with styrene stock.

:popcorn

I agree with MP about the "stringer" (didn't know they were called that) maybe adjust the seam and let the styrene stringer go all the way to the outsideand then sand it flat with the fuselage?
//Mats

Mats, when you look at the frame of an aircraft before it's skinned the structure running longways are called Stringers, the ones running up and down are Frames or ribs, I'm not clear on that one.

Back