• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Die drei Männer/The three men

reconron

Ok friends,

Did a little work on a crew for my Aufklärungspanzer 38[T] mit 2 cm Kw.K.38.
[I just call it German reccetank] :D

The left figures are by Alpine while the right one is done by the Bodi,they are resin ones.
Nicely sculpted they are!

Wanted to do some camo-clothes.The Germans had company-tailors and often used 'Zeltbahn'material to do them.
Being Wehrmacht troops and not waffen SS,I tried to do some in splinter-camo.

de_drie_mannen.jpg

Still got a lot to do on them.
I might give the centre figure a MP40,he just got back from a recon by foot and tells the other two what he saw.
Was thinking about a cigarette or cigar in the left figure's mouth,on the box he has one in his mouth,maybe I use wire for that.
The figures will recieve some 'German Panzer Ranks WWII' photo-etch by EDUARD.

Greetings,Ron.

(y) (y) very nice Ron!! love those camo uniforms! never managed to paint one that looks that good myself yet :notworthy
the cigar would look great to :)
//Mats

Hey thanks everyone!Appreciate it very much. :)

I wasn't sure about the long jacket the left figure was wearing.
It seems to me it's the rubberised 'Kradmelder Mantel'.
Found many pictures about it on the internet,showing greyish,greenish and brownish colourshades,
So many pictures that I couldn't make my mind up on what color to use.

Now I got it painted in a brownish fieldgrey as seen in a book on German uniforms by Jean de Lagarde.
I used a mixture from Lifecolor and Vallejo to get this shade and surpricely it took on a semi-gloss
shine.
But that was what I was looking for. :)

Pictures WILL follow,as soon as me and my camera are on speaking terms again! :evil: :laugh:

Greetings,Ron.

....it's the rubberised 'Kradmelder Mantel'.
Found many pictures about it on the internet,showing greyish,greenish and brownish colourshades,

They are also found in Luftwaffe blue. As a side note you used to be able to find originals of these (and gas masks) in the Fetish shops in London, during the mid 80s. (Well thats my excuse for being in those shops anyway!)

They are also found in Luftwaffe blue. As a side note you used to be able to find originals of these (and gas masks) in the Fetish shops in London, during the mid 80s. (Well thats my excuse for being in those shops anyway!)

:woohoo: David no need to have an excuse, we are not judging anyone here B) :rotf
//Mats

DAVID!!!thought you vanished in to thin air.Good thing you dropped by,should do that more often!

Didn't know they also came in Luftwaffe blue!
I guess you mean the Luftwaffe used them also.

Well you live and you learn. :)

Greetings,Ron.

Nice job on the splinter Ron, not an easy pattern to paint in this scale.

B)

O yeah...tell me about it!
I could have done better I guess,but with my eye-sight and depth perception problem...[astigmatic in one eye] :(

Andy Fettes gave me a tip on doing the splinters.I didn't use the tip on this one because he
told me AFTER the splinters were already done.

Don't know if it's a secret,otherwise I could tell you all.
If you want to know....ASK ANDY! :laugh:

Greetings,Ron.

OK Andy, I'm asking!! :yipee :yipee :yipee Looks like you did well on your own, Ron! (y)

Back