• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Russian assault infantry

Bagge

Start pic :D
P1070338.JPG

parts still in the bags, i think i will take them with to the modelclub tonight, and start cleaning up and glue together one or two guys from this set ( i like the ones with the raincoats flying :woohoo: )
Pics will be coming later
//Mats

Alrighty Mats! (y)

You will like those new-er Tamiya figures,they are really something else then the ones they did back in the '70s.

Still using a Swedish calender? :huh:

Greetings,Ron.

Yes they look nice :) and i'm still using my old swedish computer so most of the things there are in swedish, only good thing about switching to the belgium one is that they have more holidays! :D
//Mats

If ya want a lot of holidays come to South Africa.

I am interested in seeing the quality of these new Tamiya Figures

:popcorn

Hi Dave, the quality is much better then the old ones, but not as good as many other new figures (Zvezda, miniart and masterbox etc)
//Mats

Started on these 2 guys, some small issues with fitting the hands around the gun but i managed to make it look like he's holding on to it now, and some putty work need to be cleaned up a little.
PB040261.JPG

PB040265.JPG

Will try and get more done tomorrow, maybe primed and basecoat on :hmmm
//Mats

Good start Mats

Quick tip

Some of the detail on most plastic figures can ne enhanced with a subtle bit of scribing to bring back the detail
I say this because some detail may be lost on shallow areas when applying the paint

:D

Thanks for the tip Andy i will work on the details today, and make some scribing :)
//Mats

First guy primed, not much work on this one, but now the hard part.....painting!
P1070341.JPG

No:2
P1070342.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

One of the guys have been primed, and today i managed to shot the base uniform colour on him.
PB150281.JPG

worked with the equipment on guy number 2, hopefully he will be primed and sprayed later tonight.
:soldier :soldier :soldier
//Mats

Here is a pic of guy nr2 with the equipment fitted, just the arm and head left.
P1070371.JPG

had to cut off pieces from the entrenching tool and ammo pouch to make them fit good.

and here is some shots of guy nr 1 after some shadows and highlights, all vallejo except the raincoat that's painted with lifecolour, it need more work still to make it look like i want it to.
P1070372.JPG

P1070373.JPG

P1070374.JPG

Let me know what you think of it so far, i will do more with the uniform, but not sure how to do it, a wash maybe...... :hmmm
//Mats

Thanks Ron :) yes i airbrushed the basecolour of the uniform and then added the shadows and highlights, will do some washes not sure how and with what yet though, will try a little bit of this and a little bit of that... :D
//Mats

YOU AB the base color? REMARKABLE :eek:hmy:
Ain't it great not knowing what to do next or how to do it? :D

Watching,all ears too.
Tony lee :)

yes Tony it's great! :) got some more vallejo colours today so i can mix a little more.
now we go to an open door day at the model club, i hope there will be many people looking and also wanna be members :)

Excellent job, Mats

The basecoating and subsequent highs and lows are looking very good

I noticed that the boots dont have a heel,...easy remedy to carve the heel out of the wedge on the sole of the boot :D

Back