• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Of boy and horse

reconron

Ok friends here is mine,

Took a boy from the Master Box kit;EASTERN REGION PEASANTS,WW II ERA and a left over from the Verlinden Productions;Dead Horses.

The story line;a little boy is in mourning about his passed away pet horse.

Anton.jpg

The horse is missing his ears,somehow they got away...maybe I try to sculpt them,otherways I will to try to cover them up with a blanket....don't know yet.

Anton2.jpg

Anton,yes I gave him a name,had a bit of fitting problems.
So I used putty and sanded him.
[CRAPIOLA pictures I know] :D had to take the last two pics at nighttime,will try to do upcoming pics by daylight.

Anton3.jpg

Anton4.jpg

That's it for now.
Greetings,Ron.

Tiny update on tiny boy Anton.

Well,after washing the kid with some dishwater,I was ready to go.
So tried to begin with Vallejo acrylic without using primer on the figure.

To my big surprice the Vallejo didn't stick to the surface....And I really don't know why. :hmmm
So cleaned up the figure again and used Vallejo FOUNDATION WHITE on him,
I know from a friend that he uses the FW on resin figures with good results,
so I thought what's good for resin got to be good for simple plastic.

Brushpainted the FW in thin layer up on Anton,so he looked abit like a statue.
Then I took the vallejo Light Flesh and added a little bit of Old Rose and used it on the face and hands,....but it's just the basecoat:Got to try oils once more!...[one of these little voices in my head told me to] :gogo

Enough bla,bla,bla. here is sad little Anton,primed in FW ,face basecoat done.

Anton_UD1.jpg

:java
Greetings,Ron.

Seems to me that with my eye-sight I simply CANNOT do eye-pupils or irises,
might have to skip that part.
I am using an 'made in China' optivisor but it is simply;Kansloos Uitgesproken Teleurstellend. :(

...erm...no,I do not translate the last 3 words from Dutch into English. :evil: :D

Greetings,Ron.

You do know that Afrikaans is based on Dutch dont you Ron :hmmm :D

I have propably the same optivisor and chucked it 5 minutes into my Figgie. Totaal pateties en teleurstellend. :S

Just realized I've looked but never commented on this post. Will be a poignant scene I think, and the young un looks good already. :popcorn

James

Well my dear friends,

In my wresteling competition against my bad eye-sight and the camera,I got to tell you,they are about to win....but I don't give up!
I can't let them win,can't I?!

Tell you wat I did.
after the Acrylic base-coat on the face I had a try with oils,turned out acceptable but not great for a astigmatic one like me.
Just couldn't paint a pupil in the eyes,so I used a toothpick to get that done...can you believe it,I was afraid to hurt little Anton with that large[for Anton] piece of wood! :huh:
While doing this I hit one of the upper eye-lids. :vmad Have to correct that someway.

Wanted to have a pale,weeping face,the boy is crying about the loss of his friend[the horse].
I added a bit of a glosscoat beneath his eyes,but with this camera it's not very clear to see. :vmad
must have taken about 30 pictures,but the camera was working against me,not with me!

I even added some glosscoat beneath his nose to simulate snot,maybe I give it a bit of yellowgreen shine. :sick:

About the clothes;I wanted him to look like a poor peasantboy,seems that people of that timeperiod,the '40s,had not many colorfull clothes,I see many grey and brownish clothes in reference.
The smock is a worn out piece[his family doesn't have much money to give him a new one].I will weather it some more.
His trousers are still in the base coat.

Tonny_1.jpg

Tonny_2.jpg

A lot of touching up is to be carried out[Can I order some new eyes please?]

Greetings,Ron.

I often get very tempted by those eyes

Rons great scene so far and you added a bit of humanity to the figure as he looks sad

So I say congratulations you pulled it off mate (y) (y)

Rons great scene so far and you added a bit of humanity to the figure as he looks sad

So I say congratulations you pulled it off mate (y) (y)

Hey thanks for the support,Andy! (y)
But I still have a lot to do on little peasantboy Anton.

Greetings,Ron.

OK my friends,after the christmas and Newyearsday period I can use my workingspace[the livingroom dinertable ] again. :) We had some guests over and I prepared some pretty nice meals[another hobby],so no modeling then.

It's been a while that I gave little Anton some attention,so this ones got to be the first in 2012.

Some more painting and the use of pigments to give Anton a dirty farmerboy look.
I rubbed in some dark pigments over the clothes to simulate clothes that sure can need a washing,with detergent.
Did some dry brushing on the clothes to give a worn look.

Another thing I did was using MIG WET EFFECTS mixture and pigments on the lower parts of the pants,the boy ran through wet grass in the morning hours,so his naked feet and pants are wet and dirty.
And I gave him a dirty peasant look by adding again some pigments to the face.

Vieze_Anton1.jpg

Vieze_Anton2.jpg

Vieze_Anton3.jpg

I think I am done now with little Anton,now I have to figure out what to do with the horse.
The horses ears are missing and now also its tail! :vmad
Maybe I have a go at sculpting,but maybe I will cover it up with blankets,don't know yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kSXomO6tEGA
Greetings,Ron.

Back