• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nacht~Jager Pz. Gren. 120mm

panzerace007

Hey GUYS,

I'm in with this. It's from Verlinden , 120mm Night Fighter. The casting looks pretty good, smooth no bubbles !

I'm not exactly sure how I'm gonna paint 'em. Perhaps Liebmunster Camo pants & Mouse Grey Parka - ( the reverse side of the White) or a combination of late Oak Leaf & Liebmunster

Fall_Figure_G_B__on_AM.JPG

Fall_Figure_start_photo.JPG

21CBD8ytw212k7E_28KGrHqN2C21hsE0GF8ImVNBNGHqh4er217E7E0_12.jpeg

Here's a shot of the Liebmunster. It appeared on th Eastern Front in very limited run & Very late in the War
5Blinked_image5D-3%7E1.jpeg

5Blinked_image5D%7E0.gif

Here's one painting option. Although , I like the surviving one that has a lot of orange in it.

Still there's another "What IF" Camo. I 1st. saw it in a Painting . It was one of those Big WWII painting from th U.K. - I thought it was titled Nachtjager but I went to their site & could not find it. ...... The Camo looked like an Oak-Leaf pattern but with different colors - Red, Grey , Black from what I can remember I used to have an image of it saved, but when th Old Windows unit dies that went with it ) a supposed I.R. type of camo ??? ( shakes Fist) My Kingdom for that picture !

- here's th site for th paintings ... Where's that confounded Painting.... :hmmm
- http://www.military-art.com/mall/ww2.htm

Any way ... it aughta' take short order to get this Dude primed & ready ! No major conversions planned ... for now ...

Nice Nice Nice :)

Were they using the mouse grey parkas around the time of 1945, serious question cos I dont know ?

This should be cool brother, I like the figure a lot.

Just so you know the Leibermuster was an IR resistant camouflage, the Aniline Black dye used in the pattern was particularly effective when photographed through infra red filters. Hydron Olive GX was also found to be an effective dye for this purpose and it's use would improve the effect even more.

I think the other pattern you refer to is only found on maybe two known garments and is an unknown pattern, although without seeing what you mean I can't compare it to the pictures here in the Schiffer book.

:ro:

IR Resistant??? Are you kidding? I know they had IR back then but didn't realize they were counter-measuring for it also.

Oh..

:erik

:popcorn

:mpup

IR Resistant??? Are you kidding? I know they had IR back then but didn't realize they were counter-measuring for it also.

Oh..

:popcorn

:mpup

Perhaps it was @ th same Time MOONIE - You find how to make I.R. & then at th same time find what it can't see ? Maybe it's like the Sealth Fighter. They found out what it can do to Evade Radar & in turn, found a type of radar system that CAN detect it, So Now We have a Radar that's capable of tracking a "Stealth Fighter" ? - :hmmm I dunno .. I"m kinda Rambling On here ....

@KEN,

What style is pictured in the Schiffer Book ? Is it th one that's more Green or the Orange one ? Although if it's a total "What-If" I guess I could set it in the Late Spring ??

The One Camo that I referenced as being Red.Black,Grey in an Oak-Leaf pattern is a total " What-If" & comes from a Painting that I've seen on th net , but can't find right now. If I find it I'll post it.

Hey RON ... Thanx for th kind words !

It's really hard to say as even the different swatches of fabric and surviving examples vary a little, just like any piece of clothing does due to wear/fade/laundering etc.

What's odd though is that when I really study that Artizian painting example, the large blocks of colors don't really match the colors on the trousers next to them.

I think you'd be fine if you get it somewhere close to any of those really. ;)

What's odd though is that when I really study that Artizian painting example, the large blocks of colors don't really match the colors on the trousers next to them.

;)

I know Right !! I noticed that soon after I posted th picture .... Kinda Odd ... but Hey , It's all Good !!

Thanx KEN for th Help !!! (y)

Another great project to keep my eyes on :popcorn

I will love it if you can give closeups of how you do that camo. I have my eyes on an Tamiya Figure that has an camo (USA Iraq1)

Whew - Wee ... A much needed update for this Guy ..... :D

Well after seein' th figure that Luiz posted , & since My figure is similar , I also decided to Pin th Figure up, although I went ahead & put some of th figure together. The Fit was not all that &I will do a little filling, especially around the pants & boots area & th Arms. I also reworked the gun barrel .

NIght_Fighter_pinned.JPG

DSC08656.JPG

After being inspired by LUIZ , and after working with some of th Verlinden figures in 1/35th scale , pinning these is a great idea !! Just to make sure everything lines up correctly. I drilled a .05" hole & placed some rod in the head, shoulders, hands , & feet . I glued some of these together as th gaps were that bad & I'll need to do some filling !

DSC08668.JPG

I reworked the barel of th STG 44. I replaced it with th insulation from phone wire ( app. .1", and gave the barrel a hollow look) which matched up perfectly with th resin barrel, which was slightly warped. I also replaced the "rod thingy" of the gun with a piece of brass wire. I still need to fill a small gap at the top.

DSC08657.JPG

Some expression on th face, He's either blowing smoke rings , of watching His breath :D

Reworked_gas_mask_canister_I.JPG

Reworked_Gas_Canister_II.JPG

This is a Gas Mask canister that's been reworked for the I.R. gear. I'm not exactly sure what it's function is , since there is also a wooden box that is on His back that presumably holds th battery ? , but this some how will get wired up to the I.R. light on top of the scope - if any one knows a good reference for this ... please give a shout out. I have a couple of pictures of Guys holding the rifle but none are from the back to show how it's wired.

IR252001.jpeg

S-img.jpg

Now I did find these , & it helps a little , but I'd still like to try & find more on this set up .​

Well it looks like tomorrow I'll be shootin some primer ... and gettin it on !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=bOIhD32NEpM
:erik​

Dear Friend Erik.

...nice choice...a very interesting figure ( I remmenber that on the year of 1995,I did this figure...two years ago, more or less, I changed this one with a friend of mine :) ...)

...very nice start!...hope to see an excelent work from yours!...following with a big interest...

...in time...i like the pin job ;)

Best regards and good luck! :drinks

Luiz.

Hey Guys ,

@OCB - Hey there . I'm glad that you like it !!

@LUIZ - Thanx for th kind words ! He's not a bad figure. Great detail in the Web Gear -Y straps & such !

@BoB - Thank You Sir !!

Gettin back to this one ! .....

Well I shot th figure in Vallejo Black Primer - Sorry no pix , but as a 1st. I've airbrushed most of the basecoats on everything. Also a 1st - Shootin Vallejo Model Color ! I dig it .. learnin' curve but when ya' get it .. Ya' Got it !

DSC08700.JPG

I shot some Citadel Dwarf Flesh. I've wanted to try this - AB th base coat , as trying to brush paint this , to Me seemed like it takes a lot to cover th Black. BUt with th AB ... I think it got coverage on thin coats . Plus th black still acts as a pre-shade. I'll give it a wash in Raw Umber ... in preparation for th Oil !!

DSC08702.jpg

STG 44 Ammo pouches. Vallejo Canvas as th base. I have seen examples of late war Denim ( like Blue Jean color) but I hesitated as it's winter & I.R. Camo ... ?

DSC08704%7E0.JPG

Bread Bag. Same Vallejo Canvas ... screamin' for wash with some sepia Ink, & that glorious Dry Brushing !! (y)

DSC08703.JPG

:silly: :gogo :woohoo: Curve ball ! I've seen a couple of pix that depict this in ??? Field Blue ... so I shot some Model Color Luft. Blue ... Still need to drill it for th wires etc. Even though it's hard to pick out in the picture .. It's a nice mellow Field Blue. Better lighting next time.

DSC08701.JPG

I called on Tamiya Wooden Deck tan for th stock ... :hmmm I have something a lil' special to capture that wood grain ! :D

vampir.jpeg

I recently found this .. although it's th Liebmunster .... I like that X-Tra Red in it .... I though of that for th Pants ? Suggestions .. Comments .... (y)

Well that's a short one .... Not too much .. but gettin there .... Ready to hit th Good Stuff !! ... :blush: I mean th Highlights & Shadows !! .... What did you think I meant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y4SNucf12U

Dear Erik.

... great challenge! ... this is the first time I see someone painting this camouflage scheme ... trust you for a great job ... good luck my friend!

Best!

Luiz.

P.S...smock and pants in the same camo scheme...it´s my opinion...

Alright Guys & Gals ,

Here's a lil' update. I've got th 1st. stage Camo for th LiebMunster on .I've washed th face in prep for th Oil painting. I'm kinda stuck on th second color to use ..... One example I have depicts th Red .. as a Red Brown color, while a Repro of th Liebmunster has it slightly more Orange ???? Any thoughts ?

DSC08733.JPG

The face was washed in Raw Umber oil

DSC08722.JPG

Th I.R. gear .... I'll wire it up when I attach it to th figure. Th Highlights were dry brushed with Vallejo Luft. Waffe Blue + German Camo Beige. Leather brown & German Tankr Blk. for th straps

DSC08721.JPG

DSC08720.JPG

STG 44 mag pouches & th Bread Bag were painted in Vallejo Canvas, then I washed it with Vallejo Games Ink - Sepia , dry brushed with German Camo Beige . Leather Brown for th straps

DSC08725.JPG

1st. stage of th LiebMunster Camo. Vallejo Dark Green . I dry brushed th figure with German Camo Beige & washed it with Games Sepia Ink prior to adding th Dk. Green. Highlights were added to the Pants camo with a mix of Dk. Green + German Beige & mixed with Liquitex's slow blending Gel to make a glaze. So that th Green would match th highlights of th Pants. I gotta go back & hit th Parka.

DSC08728.JPG

Th Reverse side of th Parka will have a LiebMunster"Winter Scheme " on it ..... Totally imagined ..... not sure th colors ... maybe a Grey Scale to thwart th I.R. Gear .... ?

Here are th 2 examples that I was referring to at th top
5Blinked_image5D-3%7E2.jpeg

5Blinked_image5D%7E1.gif

ct82001.jpeg

imgres-3.jpeg

Lemme know what you think about th colors of th Liebmunster. The pix of th clothing are not Period. They are reproductions. So, I'm not sure how much stock to put in them. Although I'm thinkin' that straight up Red might be too stark ?? Thoughts ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zAAOA5CMPs

Dear Erik.

...very nice representation of this rare one ...I think that you are on the right way...good luck!

Best regars!

Luiz.

Back