• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1ST INFANTRY SOLDIER "LITTLE MORE PAINT"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Here are my start up pictures. I will be doing a Series 77 1st Infantry Division Soldier circa. 1966. It is of all metal construction.

Terry B)

DSC06515.JPG

DSC06516.JPG

DSC06440.JPG

B)

Re: 1ST INFANTRY DIVISION SOLDIER 1966

Go for it big T! I have done a couple of the Ral Partha 22mm pewter fantasy figures but not one that size!

Yeah this one is 90mm.

B)

Nice- it looks old, you find that in a bargain bin? Rock on- be sure to mention the base primer(s)... :popcorn

I give 20 bucks for it. I will use regular old gray primer to start.

B)

My favorite- i think nearly everything i have was first painted light sea grey or gull grey.

Alrighty Terry!!! (y)

So this one is going to be in good ol' Army green?

Greetings,Ron.

Time to get this trooper into action. I laid out all the parts for cleaning. I attached the right arm and painted it and the head Tamiya Red Brown mixed with future.
This is a new method I wanted to try. I normally under coat with Marine Sand and then rub on raw umber oil paint. The plan is to highlight the brown with lighter shades
oil paint. Here's is how far I got this morning. Let me know what you think.

T B)

DSC06541.JPG

DSC06544.JPG

DSC06545.JPG

DSC06548.JPG

DSC06549.JPG

DSC06555.JPG

B)

Re: 1ST INFANTRY DIVISION SOLDIER 1966"LETS PAINT"

Thanks! I really just started I hope it gets better.

B)

Re: 1ST INFANTRY DIVISION SOLDIER 1966"LETS PAINT"

That looks nice- with the choice of heads though I would have gone with the beret. You were a Marine right T?

Naw KD steel pot all the way. Did a little more paint. Not much more to do to the face. The face is a little bug eyed, but I did the best I could. Here's a few more pic's let me know what you think.

B)

DSC06563.JPG

DSC06568.JPG

DSC06569.JPG

B)

Back