• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Well

jknaus

Administrator
Okay didnt get the well done but here is where I am on the figure. Trying an all acrylic paint job. Not happy with face, but will carry on. Did shirt tonight. Comments and critiques welcome.

man1.jpg

I think the flash makes it look starker than in real light.

James

Excellent James both figure and that well especially the Horse is sublime (y) (y) (y)

Few thing to mention on the face is that I feel that there should be a dark line between the lips to make that pop out a bit

Extend the brow line towards the nose a little more,.. some ppls actually do meet in the middle otherwise thats a very very nicely done chap plus I do like the shirt

Thanks Andy. Will try that tomorrow. Looks better in real life than in pic. Next up is the pants and the buttons on shirt, then the jacket.
James

Mate tell me about that I have some right half decent stuff Ive knocked out but they look crap on here due to my camera :huh:

A bad workman always blames his tools right :pp

Maybe setup the camera as the maglight???

James, really good work here. Glad you're following through.

the well on the pic with the horseheads that you got inspiration from is from Brugge here in Belgium, we went there this summer with my father when he was here, it's a very nice piece you have there James!
//Mats

Thanks Mats. When I saw that well I just had to try something like it. I know mine isnt exactly the same, but not too bad.
James

I think you have the right idea, try blending the colors more. you want gradation from the darkest to the lightest colors.

Good Stuff James

In total agreement with John

here try this quick fix,.... give the trousers a very light wash of the base colour it dramatically tones it all down (y) (y) (y)

Okay in front of me it doesnt look too bad. I'd show it to people. In front of the camera it looks like crap. Apart from some touching up the figure is done. Now to make a base and wait for jerry cans.

man3.jpg

man4.jpg

James

I think it look great James!
I have the same problem, when i take a pic then i see all the small misstakes, and it doesn't look like it do when i see it in real (maybe i need new glasses.....) :)
//Mats

The lens does spot the flaws, it's good to post pix for inspection, so you can fix the issues. I think he looks good, are you using a flash?

Back