• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Charming Man

Burton

Hello all,

I want to share with you the painting of the s*- officer that is going to accompany my Flak with Behelfslafette.

I call him 'This Charming Man'. Don't ask me, I don't know why !

Here we go.

The face painted with Vallejo Acrylics.

Still a few details to add, that's why I like taking pictures, you can see the mistakes you made, sometimes you need to take a step back a take a good look.

That's precisely why I take these pictures.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

The photo's aren't really top quality but I hope you get the picture .

Have A Nice Sunday.

Regards,

Frank

Nice one Mr Burton I really like the fleshtones :)

Dont worry your photography skills are better than mine :)

That face looks fantastic, a little dark on the lower lip, (could be the pic)...but overall great.

Tom
(I have no idea how you guys do that with acrylics...)

Like the 'charming man'! (y)

He might look charming but he has some nasty sadistic tendencies.[just my imagination,Frank...it has nothing
to do with this great build] :D

:popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Tom wrote:

a little dark on the lower lip, (could be the pic)...but overall great.

I think you're absolutely right Tom, corrected it by adding some flesh tones to the lower lip. I always have trouble to get the mouth to look the right shade, I don't know why. Sometimes it looks to dark and sometimes it looks a little 'bloodless' if you know what I mean.

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Kind regards

Frank

Hey Frank
Yes, the mouth is a tough part to get right, too much color and it looks like he's wearing lipstick.
I've been working with oils lately, so I'm not sure if this applies to acryics, but you need to be very
careful about which red you choose. Some reds contain alot of blue actually, and when mixed with white
or your base flesh tone can turn a dark purply brown color. Not good...I really like the subtle look you have going
on with this guy...

More pics!!

Tom

Hi, fellow modellers !

Before leaving on a well earned vacation ( USA - San Francisco ) I'm going to give an update on our charming fellow.

I used Vallejo acrylics for the Kradmantel and Andrea for the field cap on a basecoat of black Vallejo primer.

Because it is a rubberized garment I'm maybe going to give it a coat of matt varnish, to get a really soft sheen but that is for later !

IMG_0036%7E0.jpg

As you can see the Kradmantel is far from finished. The frontside of the arm is finished, the backside is painted in the basecoat with first highlighting (second phase)

IMG_0039.jpg

Left arm finished, upper left side of the back 'second phase', upper right side basecoat, lower side basecoat almost finished.

IMG_0042%7E0.jpg

Torso finished, cap still in need of a red ribbon around the upper part ( artillery ). Binoculars need a lot of work.

IMG_0021.jpg

Left arm finished as are the hands.

The technique of painting acrylics over a black undercoat is used to perfection by Calvin Tan, please check out the website Perspectives In Miniature.

Hope you like it and please feel free to comment.

Greetings

Frank

Hi all,

Back home from the California sun, so back on the chain gang !

A little update on the Charmer. Still have to finish the back of the Kradmantel, to be honest I can't wait to get that finished and

start to paint the FLAK.

IMG_0002_2.jpg

To get away from the predominantly green paint, I decide to give him Italian Camo trousers.

IMG_0008%7E0.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

And

Some Arty Farty photoshopping.
IMG_0017.jpg

Like I said can't wait to get him finished and move on to something different. I spent way to much time on him. :(

Greetings

Frank

Back