• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The grim reaper

Bagge

I post a little dio in progress, also my first try with sculpting i hope you will like it
the base is the commander in tamiyas old artillery crew
P4180235.jpg

P4180236.jpg

P4180239.jpg

P4210246.jpg

The diorama will show some wounded german soldiers on the way from the front and following them the death waiting for to take them with.
P1050813.jpg

P1050832.jpg

Very interesting subject matter, and really nice sculpturing Bagge.

Nice to have you with us and thanks for sharing.

Great work on converting that old Tamiya figure into the grim reaper!

Maybe you should give the scythe some blood staining.:unsure:

Looks great so far,Mats.

Greetings,Ron.

Very very cool. Is that thinned green stuff over tissue to make the cape? How do you get it to keep its shape? (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks for the respons :woohoo:
The cape is made of epoxiputty (the blue and yellow stuff you knead together) and i made it real thin and draped it over the figure.
Had the putty laying for years and i thought it was dried up but only the part where the blue and yellow meet had dried so just cut that away and it was as good as new!
Today it's easter dinner with my girlfriends parents but i hope to build a little bit tonight.

Today it's easter dinner with my girlfriends parents but i hope to build a little bit tonight.

you joking? i bet that by tonight you'll have eaten too much to be able to do anything else but laying in front of the tv! :lol:

i love that subject (surprise, surprise!), i made something similar a few years ago but not in that extent of quality!

i think i will disassemble my diorama and reuse building and grimy in another project!

thanks for sharing and keep the updates coming!

Hahaha yes maybe, but i will try and lay down and paint a little instead of watching tv.

BAGGE,

I love it ! Awesome Concept !! :ro: Th Reaper looks Bad AZZ !! I really Dig where you're going with this !! Awesome Concept !

Here is some pics of the progress with the painting of the soldiers, trying to find a good way to do it so it look good.
I'm using Vallejo acrylics mostly but also tamiya, and a little oil on leather details

P1050837.jpg

P1050838.jpg

P1050839.jpg

thanks for all the nice responses :Hiay

pff struggling with gun slings aiaiai! not good at that :/ well it will come an update as soon as i get untangled from all the strips of maskingtape :)

Hello, not much progress :( but added gun straps and some drybrushing on the uniform.

P1050905.jpg

P1050906.jpg

P1050907.jpg

Will try to be back tomorrow with more updates :Hiay

Back