• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Question about figure sizes ?

Hey Guys,

First let me explain, in my opinion there are two sizes of 1/35 figures Large 1/32/54mm types and smaller I believe truer 1/35 figures. I think old Tamiya , Verlinden old Warriors and some old Dragon figs are very large and more 54mm in my opinion. Looks to me that newer Tamiya figs are smaller and truer 35 scale figs . Also Alpine , CMK, Tank and Hobby Fan seem smaller . I’m sure there are other companies for each grouping but I just wanted to let you know where I was headed, I’m thinking of buying the 6 Doug’s Original DAK figures and would like to know which size group they fit in first, I’m hopping the Smaller group but I do not know and want to know before I buy. Don’t get me wrong there are very nice figures in the larger group but they are big in a group. If you use them by themselves they are perfectly fine, but hard to make groupings look right. I do have a DAK picture of like 5 guys and one guy must be like 6 ft 6 and one guy like 5 ft 3 and it looks odd but it is real. So it does happen just not a lot. So anyways I would like a run down on Doug’s figure sizes . Would like to hear your Guys opinion on figure sizes too. Thanks in advance .

Brian

Wish I could help, but I hadn't even heard of them before. Googling they look very nice though. Size wise I didn't see any reviews that might have shed some light on the matter. Sorry.
James

I've always been struck at how the figures all the the same size. You look these D-Day vets who's been on the news the last week. Those guys were not big by any means. I've never seen a figure set that had guys of different builds, shapes and heights.

You are quite right about figure sizes

There are major differences in sizes from manufacturers

You can get away with mixing some 1/35 with 1/32 figures but caution must be used as some really dont look right

I found this link which may be of some help

http://www.usarmymodels.com/ARTICLES/amatterofscale.html

Back