• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Medieval Hunter. Scale 75.

I had back surgery in Late June/early July for a pinched nerve in my lower back that effected my left leg very badly. The back surgeon was great and stated that it was extremely difficult to get freed up and then he cut off bone spurs and fussed with bone the lower three spine section. I was in put patient Therapy for two weeks and Maureen came and stayed every day. "God bless Her" :laugh:
Anyway to make a long story short
After being home for a couple of weeks I started back to painting :good: and decided to tackle this Hunter.

This is a 75m/m Scale 75 kit. It is metal and very well cast with tons of detail. I assembled the kit before painting and left off the dog and dog lead til after the dog was painted and fixed onto the base. The hunter was glued onto the base as there was no room for pins according to the way the feet are angled. The underneath of the base with the hunter was covered in 5 minute epoxy glue as I did not want the hunter dropping out of the base. during painting. The dog was blue tacked to a base that had holes for the cast nubs on the bottom of his feet for painting separately.

The hunter and dog are painted in Acrylics and the bow is oil paint and scale 75 metalics.
This is the completed model with the dog having drool similar to the box art. The remaining photo's are before the drool

hc53fedb.JPG

h068bd6e.JPG

The dog got washed out in this photo as the camera was on the wrong setting and I did not notice until after I had taken all the photo.s outside. Then the weather turned bad for weeks of rain so I could not retake them :vmad
The tall grass in the right foreground are paper products. Some of the plants are photo etch that I had left over from other projects. Some single leaves were glued onto toothpicks to make plants and some were tree branches not used before. The branches had a roll of putty placed on them to give a three dimensional effect so they were not completely flat??

hb19e603.JPG

hc682fa5.JPG

The base was a great chunk of wood that I glued onto a resized flat base cut to size. Two part epoxy putty was used to extend the base for the trees which were constructed using root plants. The arm with the bow was attached last after most of the ground work was done so that I would not break it of. This was before the trees were added. The trees were pinned to attach to the base and they were added last and the ground work blended around the base of the trees.

h8ac249e.JPG

The shine on the bottom of the cape has been corrected :cheer:

ha712a11.JPG

The mushrooms were left over from another Andrea kit. I am pleased with the final product.

All comments are welcomed and encouraged as this is all still a learning project.
Thanks for taking the time to look

Cheers
John

WOW! Thanks for sharing this John, glad you made surgery ok.

"God bless her" indeed, your's, mine all of them for putting up with us and keeping us well. :love

Always enjoy seeing your work John, they have this whimsical element to them. :notworthy

Excellent work, John! Thanks for sharing and also for the description and explanation of the build. :good:

Happy the surgery worked for you John and awesome you had company the whole time :) . The figure looks fantastic. Really enjoy seeing your work. Take care of yourself. Looking forward to more.
James

Back