• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Alpine Miniature's 16036 German U-Boat Watch Offic

Steve Ski

This beauty of a figure was sculpted by Taesung Harmms. Painted in oils over acrylics with a bit of scratch building for the dock section. The full SBS can be viewed at: www.track-link.com/gallery/10900

_DSC2414b-vi.jpg
_DSC2431b-vi.jpg

_DSC2436b-vi.jpg

Cheers, Ski.

Nailed it! :notworthy

I like all of it. Rope and chain looks to scale. Wood is warm, everything, just exceptional!

Excellent work, Bro!

I really like the shading and highlights of the uniform...heck, I like it all.

Nice water effects. I will have to give that stuff a try.

Again, excellent work.

Cheers,
James

Nailed it! :notworthy

I like all of it. Rope and chain looks to scale. Wood is warm, everything, just exceptional!

Thx Brotha. The rope is three strands of hemp wrapped tightly to get the right scale and the chain is cheap jewelry from the big box stores.

Cheers, Ski.

Nice water effects. I will have to give that stuff a try.

Hey Bro, my first time outta da shute myself. Give er a go, it's actually a hoot to play with. I watched several ut vids and read a few articles, but practice before you leap, tinting only takes a drop or two.

Thx again Bri, Ski.

Hey Ski,

Looks great! I don't visit Track-Link (haven't for several years now) but your work is a welcomed sight here!

Regards,

Thx Greatly Piet, glad ya like him.

Thx Shark. Normally I would post my build on several sites, but since T/L sponsored the kit I had to keep it exclusive. Thx again for the kind words.

Cheers, Ski.

Thx for the compliment Swordsman. Sorry for the delayed response, outside work is almost done.

Cheers, Ski.

Back