• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SFR 1/24 scale Trumpeter 1st figure

Paulw

OK the figure here is Stephen Frederick Rodney of the 1/24 Trumpeter squadron out of Mounds, Ok. He is scheduled to fly his Mk Vb Spit as soon as Supermarine gets off their lazy bums and finishes it so in the mean time I figured that since I watched Andy's video you can blame him. I know that this is pretty rough but then the mold is not too smooth let's say.

All in all, for my first attempt at a figure I don't think I did too badly, not great but then not disastrous. I have two more to paint up. You get three out of the 1/24 Trumpeter Spitfire kit so since I have two more I can do some serious experiments and see how they come out. I may even spring for something a bit larger and a who lot smoother.

Nice job Paul! :good:

... try more shadows and highlights in the clothes in another ones :eek:ldguy

:drinks

Luiz

Coming along nicely Paul. Remember, larger figures are actually easier to learn on than smaller scales. You see your mistakes right up front and you will correct them ASAP. Keep at it and please keep us posted.

Now you're into the fun part of the Sport.

Cheers, Ski.

Back