• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Captain America - Polar Lights - 1/8

Arturius

Hey guys, make sometime that I show something to you.
So here my last project!
It's under construction a Captain America from Polar Lights.

Well, I'm gone post the chronologic order of photos:

fevereiro2015_010.JPG

fevereiro2015_009.JPG

fevereiro2015_007.JPG

fevereiro2015_002.JPG

outubronovas_046.JPG

outubronovas_047.JPG

outubronovas_049.JPG

outubronovas_050.JPG

outubronovas_051.JPG

well, it's all for now folks!

I'm already give anothers correction with putty, more sand, and another layer of primer from Ammo of Mig.
And the next step is start the paint job.

Any notice and suggestion are welcome. ;)

Cheers
Art

Excelent work Art !...cannot wait to see it painted :eek:ldguy

Em tempo,muita chuva ai no Sul?

Best regards!

Luiz

Thank you Bob, Kenny and Luiz!
Your support is important to me. :notworthy

Keep in hurry to finish this and start the build of the P-47D

And Luiz it's raining a lot, but for lucky in Curitiba, somedays we get some sunny days! (y)

Cheers
Art

Thanks Joe!

It's been funny, but because a reform I'm stuck out of the workbench and nothing that I can do. :bang head :bang head :bang head

Hey mates, this build keep going... :soldier

Here some pics of the stages of build, I'll try to put the pics in chronological order.
novasFev16_067.JPG

novasFev16_069.JPG

novasFev16_070.JPG

CAM00613.jpg

CAM00614.jpg

CAM00615.jpg

CAM00616.jpg

CAM00640.jpg

CAM00641.jpg

CAM00642.jpg

Cheers!
Art

Here was the last updates.

Here some work on the base, glue the "wood" parts on place, and apply stained glass window varnish ( I don't know if is this the correct name of the product in english :hmmm ) to simulate water, and make the initial weathering:
CAM00948.jpg

Some problems happen during the paint process. The acrylic primer that I used, reacted to the enamel paint that I used on red parts. Whem I take off the masks, the glue of the mask stay on the boots and gloves, a friend tell me to pass compound to remove it, but the paint come out... :pinch:
CAM00949.jpg

CAM00950.jpg

CAM00951.jpg

CAM00952.jpg

CAM00954.jpg

CAM00955.jpg

Some work and re-paint ahead.. :soldier

And I receive some help of G.I Joe's!!! Cobra Commander and Sgt. Slaugther, maybe the work be finished now. :bat
Apply two coat's of Humbrol Gloss Black, now need to polish the black, them I go apply Chrome paint, after Clear Red an Clear Blue...
CAM00957.jpg

CAM00959.jpg

Cheers :drinks
Art

Back