• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Crew for my Mercedes L4500

Bagge

I thought i might post some pics of the crew for my Mercedes L4500 from Zvezda.
It's the halftrack riders from dragon and the officer is from Miniart, i had to do some surgery on the driver and hes college in the cabin, removed 5mm off their bellies to make them fit under the roof! :blink
Here they are, sprayed a base with tamiya rattle can field grey and now busy painting the boots and other details, the uniforms will get a more random look, with some of them in a different shade, so they don't look all the same
P1080900.JPG

It's a tired bunch, enjoying a cigarette.
P1080901.JPG

P1080902.JPG

And the officer reading he's book, the passenger in the cabin plays with a stick grenade (the driver don't like that! :angry: )
P1080903.JPG

//Mats

You told your crew 'to stick it where the sun don't shine'? :D

Looking forward to this one,Mats! :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

I'm wondering....these guys don't have any belts or so on, is there a good way of making them?
I thought to have their gear hanging or laying on the truck, looks strange with a group of soldiers and no equipment...or?
//Mats

I thought to have their gear hanging or laying on the truck, looks strange with a group of soldiers and no equipment...or?
//Mats

That isn't so strange at all,Mats.
I remember from my own experience we left a whole bunch of gear just on the vehicle while travelling and to gear up when it was needed.[a soldier likes to have as less stuff on him as possible when not needed]
Can imagine Wehrmacht soldiers in WW2 did the same especially in regions where no enemy directly was expected.

There are several companies who do loose gear,like Verlinden.
Ofcourse you can always make your own belts with metal foil or other stuff.

Greetings,Ron.

Done some painting, did some different shades on the pants, and then a drybrush.
P1080910.JPG

P1080912.JPG

Sorry for the not so good pics, i hope you can see something on them.. :unsure:
//Mats

Tonight it was time to paint the basecolour for the skin, vallejo medium skintone.
P1080913.JPG

This was kind of the same thing as painting roadwheels! :bang head
//Mats

Wow thats a whole load of figures,

Belts etc ,.... what Mr Ron said foil or even paper would do but with a belt buckle of course Y straps are a little more difficult to produce ,..however as with most things if it gives the impressions that its a full set then you're good to go especially with K98 cartridge pouches attached.

Andy (y) (y)

Back