• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Current batch of figures

Adam Baker

I "figured" I'd just post up the whole group of figure's I'm working on right now, instead of doing a separate thread for each one/group. I have a total of 10 figures that I have in progress right now.

Figures-2.jpg

2 120mm and 8 54mm, all from Verlinden.

I got bogged down a few weeks ago on a copule of them, and it really took the wind out of the sails, so they've been sitting for awhile. But Tuesday night, I felt like working on 'em, so I pulled out 5 of them and started painting the flesh tones on all of them. I used a 1:1:1 mix of Vallejo Medium Flesh, Sunny Flesh Tone & Basic Flesh Tone, which I think yielded a very nice flesh tone.

DSC01516.jpg

Here are a couple closer shots showing the color better.

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

I found that painting the Vallejo over the grey primer helped out a whole lot for coverage. I tried painting a couple of parts that were bare resin, like the head for the 120mm pilot, and just had a lot of problems, so I'll probably strip the head tonight, and then put down a coat of primer, before I try painting it again. Tonight I'm probably also going to start working on the shadows & highlights on the figures, and see what happens. Gonna use Winsor & Newton oils for the highlighting & shadows.

And does anyone have any suggetion's for creating a black skin tone? The other 120mm figure is a black man, and I'm not sure what colors would be good for that type of skin tone. I used to have a good book that had various skin tone color combinations but for the life of me I cant find it anywhere.

Haven't had time to take any pictures, or work on them at all this week, but I did make some progress on these figures last week. Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to get some more work done.

I covered all the flesh w/ Burnt Sienna oil paint and started pulling it off slowly, trying to leave as much in the areas that needed shadows & such, and then progressed to white & yellow for the highlights. I think they look ok, but they still need work. Unfortunately I think I pulled too much of the burnt sienna off the faces, so I might have to go back and redo the faces, but we'll see.

I'll try to get some pictures tonight when I get home from work.

Pictures yes pictures

Looking good !!!

Dont forget to continue your campaign thread under the FFF section

(y) (y)

I'm hoping to work on those figures this weekend, I need to reprime them. Never gotten around to repriming after I stripped the paint.

Back