• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scavenging mission

Cheyenne

We found this old fuel truck at a gas station about twenty miles from New Eden .
One our recon crew said we had tires in storage for it back at Dix , ............ as soon as we refit it for a part of our foraging convoy , we're off .

Journal note : About foraging , .......... when the world my father knew changed forever , food was pretty much hunted .
It was too dangerous to forage because survivors were vicious cut throats . Then there were the undead zombie like things that fed on anything , ........ especially humans .
Many years after the " change " foraging for food and fuel in empty desolate towns began .
My father and his Piney friends discovery of the hidden underground bunkers at Dix the size of a large city further made the necessity of wide ranging foraging a moot point .
Evidently food and survival stuffs for a few thousand people were stored in these hidden bunkers .
We here in New Eden are a band of a few hundred .

Yet that was fifty or so years ago .
Foraging has now become important , ......... not for lack of food and survival things , ........... because we need to explore and learn about our friends and enemies in the surrounding country side .
Fort Dix is well stocked but not a bottomless source of supplies .
Back when we started foraging we found that there just couldn't be many survivors , .......... every town we found had stocked shelves and larders , nothing looked " picked over " ........... or taken .
Canned goods are always like finding gold before the change .
Unfortunately the labels have decayed so opening each can is like Christmas morning .

Soooo , ......... now we refit the tanker for our foraging convoy to further add to our fuel stocks , ........... and forage for anything we feel we may need , .......... whether it be necessities or extravagances .

The build :
I'm using this ARV kit to morph this tanker into a post apocalyptic vehicle .
I hate building chassis cause it's so hard to get things lined up and straight when it comes wheel time :laugh:
Oh and the wheels are just placed on for the pics.
The shotgun was made about ten or twelve years ago , ........ found it and a few other things in a cigar box full of random parts .

The pics.
[ Yeah , I know , ....... I really like that shotgun :laugh: ]

Picture1603.jpg

Picture1582.jpg

Picture1583.jpg

Picture1585.jpg

Picture1586.jpg

Picture1587.jpg

Picture1588.jpg

Picture1589.jpg

Picture1590.jpg

Picture1591.jpg

Picture1592.jpg

Picture1594.jpg

Picture1597.jpg

Picture1598.jpg

Picture1599.jpg

Picture1600.jpg

Picture1601.jpg

Picture1602.jpg

Re: Scavenging mission 6-27-11 update

Slow goes it , ......... but it's goin ...........

I tried some hairspray test stuff on some scrap plastic , ............ wasn't happy .

So I used red primer , yellow , black , then went at it with a small steel wire brush .

Still needs lots of weathering and some parts are only set there for the photo shoot .

Picture1627.jpg

Picture1628.jpg

Picture1629.jpg

Picture1630.jpg

Picture1631.jpg

Picture1632.jpg

Picture1633.jpg

Picture1635.jpg

Picture1637.jpg

Picture1639.jpg

Picture1642.jpg

Picture1643.jpg

Picture1645.jpg

Picture1647.jpg

Picture1648.jpg

Picture1649.jpg

Picture1650.jpg

Not sure how I missed this whole thread, but WOW. Thats impressive. This is really nicely done Glenn. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

CHEYENNE,

Some how I've missed this !! WoW !! I love th Truck !! Awesome Stuff ! I really Dig th Shot Gun !! I'm lookin' forward to seeein' how this turns out !!

:ro: :ro:

Excellent work on making it look well used! I especially like the "hot line" phone, nice touch! (y)

Re: Scavenging mission 6-27-11 update

Slow goes it , ......... but it's goin ...........

I tried some hairspray test stuff on some scrap plastic , ............ wasn't happy .

So I used red primer , yellow , black , then went at it with a small steel wire brush .

Still needs lots of weathering and some parts are only set there for the photo shoot .

Picture1627.jpg

Picture1628.jpg

Picture1629.jpg

Picture1630.jpg

Picture1631.jpg

Picture1632.jpg

Picture1633.jpg

Picture1635.jpg

Picture1637.jpg

Picture1639.jpg

Picture1642.jpg

Picture1643.jpg

Picture1645.jpg

Picture1647.jpg

Picture1648.jpg

Picture1649.jpg

Picture1650.jpg

I totally missed this, WOW! That's looks great! Outstanding job Glenn! :drinks

Hi Glenn, WOW (y) (y) (y) I really gotta look thru the site more, that shotgun is awesome. What did you use for the windshield mesh? Much better than the flat pe stuff.

Randy

Hi Randy , thanks man , ...... the mesh comes in different sizes from Michaels craft store . I believe it's real use is to make forms for paper mache work .
Yes , it's not flat and has some dimensional qualities , very useful stuff .

Thanks Jase , it's headed in that direction , ............ eventually .
This Summer is , for me , a bad modeling time , too much work !!!

However , I know this football season will get me a pant load of bench time !!!

Back