• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rooikat

jknaus

Administrator
On the off chance I can build this here are the starting pics.

h0035d74.JPG

haa9f95f.JPG

h754ce1a.JPG

Thanks everyone. I managed to get a few hours this afternoon and did some work on my S-300 and then put my BMP-3 away until my tracks arrive. Started the Rooikat. So far so good. This is a pretty easy kit with low parts count. Some things dont make sense such as having a pivot point for the barrel but only being able to pose it one way. While its nice that the little parts are minimal its to bad that the door for the ammo on the turret side as well as the sight in front can not be posed open.
I have some work on the running gear and I can start buttoning it up and then there are just a few external things to install.

h035a397.JPG

hbd5f299.JPG

h8190c07.JPG

Not sure I can leave the tie downs as disks though. I have a strong urge to shave them off and drill holes for metal tie downs. See what I mean?

haa836c1.JPG

h6333f05.JPG

Excellent start James (y) you got a lot of the construction knocked out in a hurry! Maybe paint tomorrow?? :D
Ernie

I was totally wrong. I think the second set looks closest.

rooikat_aad_11_of_42.jpg

From Prime Portal http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/jacques_pienaar/rooikat_aad/index.php?Page=3
I never found these the first 5 or 6 times I searched. Thanks Saul. Now do I order those and put this away or try and do it or carry on and order another for sometime in the future with all the corrections I'll probably find out about???

Just found that the upper surfaces are all anti slip so will have to see what I have for that. Also the part I thought was a shelf under the one large view port is actually a door. I cant fix the hinge as is but I can add the wire to it for pulling it closed. So much for quick and dirty I have some work ahead. See how that works out. I see there are wire wound hydraulic hoses on the wheels which I will assume are break lines. I don't think they are noticeable unless looking for them from below so wont put them on. One thing I noticed in a few pictures is a 30 cal gpmg on the commanders cupola. It would have been nice if the option was there to have it on or off. As is there is no gun. Wondering about sourcing one out and adding. The one pic I saw the turret bustle had a fleurdelise on it which looked cool and had the gun.
SADave maybe you can tell me, was the gpmg 30 cal or rechambered to 7.62mm and was it an option or only in original use or what? Also can you describe the red dust? Is it rust coloured or more of a crystal red, like silicate or grit? Anything I am missing so far?
Thanks for looking and any thoughts or comments.

Back